COMPOSITION
ANDREW GAMBELL
I based my composition on a painting by Arnold Alaniz called Tranquil Waters. It's a quiet acoustic song with just a guitar. It's in the key of E minor because I felt that that key and the chords in the song reflected the mournfulness and sadness in the painting. The songs chords are mainly Em, Am and D but it changes when the progression goes G, F and C and then back to the original beginning chords. It uses a lot of arpeggios of minor chords for dramatic effect, a concept that is heard in Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata.

I wrote the song on the spot after I saw the painting. I was aiming to write a song that was simple but effective in its emotion and I think I pulled that off with the song. The painter specializes in landscape paintings and most of them have the same faded, misted, washed out look as this one but in different settings. This can be seen in this painting, springtime:

Alaniz’s work is serene, known for its gentle treatment of light and the subtle graduations of color. Each work is a delicate blending of realism, romanticism, and impressionism that reveals the tranquil, reflective side of nature.

Most of Alaniz’s paintings are around his home in Wisconsin. Each painting takes him six months to get the color blending right.
...what am i supposed to say?
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
I based my composition on a painting by Arnold Alaniz called Tranquil Waters. It is a quiet acoustic song with just a guitar. My composition is in the key of E minor because I felt (removed extra that) that key and the chords in the song reflected the sad, mournful feeling in the painting. The songs chords are mainly Em, Am and D. It changes when the progression goes G, F and C. It then returns to the beginning chords. It uses a lot of arpeggios of minor chords for dramatic effect,| a concept that is heard in Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata. | (purpose of including this? seems kindof a random reference)

I wrote the song on the spot after I saw the painting. I was aiming to write a song that was simple but effective in its emotion. | and I think I pulled that off with the song. | chop this out The painter's specialty is in landscape with most of his/her works incorporating the same faded, misty, washed out look. | as this one but in different settings.| (chop out) This can be seen in the painting Springtime. (make sure the title of the painting is italicized, or whatever the propper thing is for titles

Alaniz’s work is serene, known for its gentle treatment of light and the subtle graduations of color. Each work is a delicate blending of realism, romanticism, and impressionism. His pieces strive to reveal the tranquil, reflective side of nature.

Most of Alaniz’s paintings are around his home in Wisconsin. Each painting takes him six months to get the color blending right.

Edits are in bold with comments afterwards. Try to mention the artists full name before the 2nd to last paragraph. Changes i made were for clarity sake. Hope this helped.
He's drunk and doesn't know where to save his composition notes.
That, or zombies have invaded his home, it's the only explanation.