alright right now i'm looking at the evj combo and the palominon v8.I play punk,grunge,metal,and jazz.I have distortion so if the amp gain isn't quite high enough thats not a big problem.anyway which amp should i go with?
I have the EVJ head and quite like it. You won't need external distortion, assuming you like crunchy-ish overdrive.
"This is The End, beautiful friend, The End"
I have the Crate palomino V16 and it is great, you will need a pedal for metal but you should be perfectly fine for everything else
Guitars-
Schecter S-1 Elite
Fender MIM Strat
Epiphone SG Faded
Epiphone Sheraton II

Amps-
Peavey Valveking 212

Pedals-
Dunlop CryBaby
Boss NS-2
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9

CHECK OUT MY BAND AT http://www.myspace.com/noneofusalone
what type of metal, punk and grunge? my general advice for the VJ is that if you want anything heavier than classic rock, look elsewhere.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I'd take the Palamino over the EVJ, it has a tone nob, plus it has more versatility, but you will need some external distortion and EQ for metal if you ge tthe EVJ.
also will the palomino be loud enough for band practice ,I can mic it for performing.
I play like Pantera,Metallica,Greenday,Blink 182,New found Glory,RHCP,Nirvana.........
Quote by deanguy
also will the palomino be loud enough for band practice ,I can mic it for performing.
I play like Pantera,Metallica,Greenday,Blink 182,New found Glory,RHCP,Nirvana.........

I don't know if the V8 would cut it. You might want to save up for at least the new Crate V18
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS