has an opportunity to get a record deal, our drummers friends uncle is the drummer for foghat, and he likes our drummers talent, and said if you record a demo u can give it to me and ill see what i can do. so after we found that out and told our parents some were angry about the situation. since we are all 16 and 17 we are still in school. so they think that if something was to happen everything else like school would suffer, which caused our bassists parents to tell him hes not playing for us any more. So basically we still want to send the demo, and if anything was to happen with a company, even though it probably won't lol, do you think an indie label would be too restricting if you know what i mean.

sorry i kept going on i just have a lot going through my head
Last edited by The Mizfit at Sep 27, 2007,
Can I be your bassist? jk
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
band leading forum would probably be alot more helpful but i doubt an indie label would be "restricting" at all...
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
If... 'u' want to get signed and in to the music business, I suggest you learn how to write proper English.

To the point; I think you should just record the demo but play bass yourself. Judging by your post a record deal isn't close to a sure thing, but go for it.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
Send the demo in.
Uhm....something makes no sense here.
So the bassist's parents says he can't play with you anymore?
If you get a record deal, then what?
Quote by CodeMonk
Send the demo in.
Uhm....something makes no sense here.
So the bassist's parents says he can't play with you anymore?
If you get a record deal, then what?

That's what I was just thinking, but it shouldn't interfere with school, because even if you go somewhere with it, it will take long enough to where you're out of school.
Quote by kidsthesedays
i often have urges to throw things at walls. and kick toddlers. i'm pretty sure that without the moral/legal/ethical ramifications, kicking a toddler like a football would be the most entertaining thing in the world.

the bassist part isn't a real problem, i mean if we get a deal, i know my parents would get angry and concerned that it will take up too much time away from school. They want me to go through college and such which i plan on doing. I was wondering if anybody knew how indie labels worked, if it takes up a lot of time etc.
Quote by The Mizfit
the bassist part isn't a real problem, i mean if we get a deal, i know my parents would get angry and concerned that it will take up too much time away from school. They want me to go through college and such which i plan on doing. I was wondering if anybody knew how indie labels worked, if it takes up a lot of time etc.
it all depends on your band, i.e. how quickly you can write songs, how quickly you can record them. i don't think being under an indie label is going to cause the process to be and longer or shorter

i hope for the best for your band but don't expect to get a deal. you really shouldn't worry about this unless it's a sure thing
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Quote by RageAgainst...
it all depends on your band, i.e. how quickly you can write songs, how quickly you can record them. i don't think being under an indie label is going to cause the process to be and longer or shorter

i hope for the best for your band but don't expect to get a deal. you really shouldn't worry about this unless it's a sure thing

thank you, yea im really not expecting much, i just want to look ahead for this and be prepared if something actually was to happen. its not like the guy is all excited to hear us, he probably forgot about it.
i forgot to mention that the guys niece's sweet sixteen is the 20th and thats when our drummer was going to give the demo. we talked with the guy whose recording us and by that time line we can only record 1 out of 10 of our songs.
Last edited by The Mizfit at Sep 27, 2007,
Let your bassist play anyway, what did his parents expect when he got in the band, like wtf?
i know that was our reaction also. they probably thought it was only a summer thing