so i heard about this torrent site called oink.com. and apperantly you have to have an invite like the commonly known site demonoid.

is it really worth the pain of going thru all the hassle of getting someone to give you an invite. i mean i love demonoid. most of the games, and cds i like are on there. can oink offer more than demonoid?

Also demonoid's been down for a couple days now. heard that the Canadian industry of music is going after the site admins to take it down? anyone know when it might be up, or heard any updates about this?
Gear:

Peavey Wolfgang
Epiphone G-400
Marshall AVT 150 Head
Peavey 5150 Slant Cab
Demonoid got shut down recently, didn't it?
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
I need an invite to Oink, if anyone has one it would be awesome, and I'll give you cake most likely
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Demonoid got shut down recently, didn't it?

Yeah but apperantly the CRIA didn't have anything to do with it and it was a hard drive failure.
Quote by oZone_TNS
Yeah but apperantly the CRIA didn't have anything to do with it and it was a hard drive failure.

Proof?
Demonoid has some good stuff, but OiNK is THE place to go if you want music. They probably have just about anything you can think of and it's much better organized than Demonoid.

I have some invites but I haven't decided whether I'm going to give them out here or not - the last person here I invited didn't use the account for 6 weeks and it was deleted for inactivity.
Quote by guitar_god22

thats about south africa tho...which isnt poor at all.
Quote by RyanInChains9
yea venezula is just the richest country in the world...
Quote by Thornography
Proof?

As much as I'd like to show you some proof, I read it on another torrent site:

The TRUE story is that they had a hard drive failure and it will take some time to replace the drives and restore backups.

This is directly from their IRC channel (which IS still up).

The original story that they got busted was flat out wrong.
Quote by Zeppelin256
Demonoid has some good stuff, but OiNK is THE place to go if you want music. They probably have just about anything you can think of and it's much better organized than Demonoid.

I have some invites but I haven't decided whether I'm going to give them out here or not - the last person here I invited didn't use the account for 6 weeks and it was deleted for inactivity.

I'll take one please, I upload a lot too, and am always getting more music.
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
oink is THE best music site. but im having a hard time keeping my ratio good. right now its about .88 and i need 1.05

but yes its the best and VERY fast. its worth it.

but its only music, no programs.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
edit to my above post: actually it does have windows/mac apps.
Gear:
Musicman Stingray 4 string HH
Tech 21 Sansamp Para Driver
Ampeg V-4B
Ampeg SVT-212AV 2x12

Gibson SG Standard
Vox AC15
Keeley compressor
Keeley Dark Side
Boss RC-2 Loop
Korg Pandora
Crybaby Wah
Yea oink is very good when it comes to music. But it is "overseeded", its ridiculously hard to keep your ratio up, short of leaving everything seeding all the time. This was the case with my account, everything I downloaded would never seed, so my account was eventually closed.
I need an Oink account. My Demonoid ratio is great, and whenever they get it back up, i'll offer a code to whoever wants it
Quote by Captain_Kickass
dreamtheater91 has destroyed my soul with that story

Squall Leonhart of the Final Fantasy Elite - PM Ichikurosaki, Gallagher2006, or Deliriumbassist to join!

PSN name = liftingshadows
i searched google for demonoid news and the site "Torrent Freak" said they were transfering their data from canada to a new site. they said the CRIA was after them after BENGIE went for them. so i have no idea what's going on. but im starting to go nuts without my demonoid.

if anyone has an invite they're willing to give out, i'll make it worth while. i always keep my ratio over 1 and usually seed after im done for a couple days.

but if anyone knows any new news on demonoid,

LET US KNOW
Gear:

Peavey Wolfgang
Epiphone G-400
Marshall AVT 150 Head
Peavey 5150 Slant Cab
Demonoid will be up soon, that CRIA claim was false. Anyways, I love demonoid way more than Oink, also I'd send an invite from Oink but I don't have any.
what kind of music is on oink?

would i be able to find my grindcore, hardcore and metal core? also jazz and blues? or is it just mainstream pop kind of stuff?
Gear:

Peavey Wolfgang
Epiphone G-400
Marshall AVT 150 Head
Peavey 5150 Slant Cab
OiNK has a great selection and is rediculously fast, but they have ratio requirements in order to keep your account, and it's tougher to keep your ratio up because there's so many seeders.

Generally it's a good idea to use both, because if you download from OiNK all the time, you're ratio will suck.

Demonoid also sucks because it's down.
Quote by Chiups
Yea oink is very good when it comes to music. But it is "overseeded", its ridiculously hard to keep your ratio up, short of leaving everything seeding all the time. This was the case with my account, everything I downloaded would never seed, so my account was eventually closed.

you are right. its really hard to do.

i have 20 torrents seeding from Oink, and so far, no one has uploaded anything.

its kind of hard to keep a good ratio when its like that.
You have to upload your own stuff. You can't just seed all the time. It won't be enough.
Quote by dreamtheater91
I need an Oink account. My Demonoid ratio is great, and whenever they get it back up, i'll offer a code to whoever wants it

I'm in same boat as this guy, I've got a killer ratio on Demonoid and I've been after a OiNK invite for ages! If anyone would be so kind as to send me one I'd be so greatful.

Thanks
demonoids back up
pringa

Are you taking over? Or are you taking orders?
Are you going backwards? Or are you going forwards?

Yeah, Demonoid has been up for about 3 days. Some people still had trouble with the page loading whereas it worked for some people.

Demonoid is heck quicker than normal Torrents.
Oink is harder to get so it's gonna be lots better.
OiNK is basically for people who want quality and not crappy quality transcode ****e. Has an awesome range of music, generally find anything I want there and you can also request people to upload an album once you become a power user which is pretty useful. As others have said the only downfall is it can be hard to seed but if you just stick with it you'll get there. Limit your downloading to stuff you really want and get stuff you're unsure of off of places like demonoid. I'm currently seeding over 100 Oink torrents and even then it can be hard with a max 35 upload.
Quote by Zeppelin256

If you upload music, can you link directly to it for purposes as having a playlist like Projectplaylist on your myspace?
Btw if anyone has invites i'd like one.