why is this even around. To me, it makes no sense. How is it a comeback for anything.

Please explain

And yes I am expecting something like 50 posts saying only "your mom" on them because of this...or at least with"your mom" used in the post other than responding coherently.
it's the 13 year old boy's version of "i know you are but what am i?"

basically it's just a stupid generic come back for when you can't think of anything else
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
I have no idea.

I'm not "hip", "preppy", or any other kind of person like that that used that slang term, so I wouldn't know
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Your mom

Just to get things rolling.

EDIT: Damn, wish I was first poster. Ah well, its just a slang thing that is way overused. Not nearly as cool as "thats what she said."
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Call me Patrick! My username sucks anyway
[quote="'[X"]']why is this even around. To me, it makes no sense. How is it a comeback for anything.

Please explain

And yes I am expecting something like 50 posts saying only "your mom" on them because of this...or at least with"your mom" used in the post other than responding coherently.
More importantly.. Why do you care?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Sometimes it gets used slightly more wittily.
e.g.
"jesus christ, that is huge!"
"that's what your mum said last night"
Quote by mh400nt
Theres rats running around outside my window, one of them has an apple, he looks very happy about this.

Quote by Oblivion_Rps
Oh ****

Aaaah well. It gives me an excuse to rape.

Quote by Jaymz_515
Bunnywunnywabbitywoos.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
More importantly.. Why do you care?

because people in my HS say it all the time
Quote by big duck
e.g.
That's seriously what your mom told me last night. I totally banged her
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
[quote="'[X"]']really....all 450 pounds of my mom.....sucks for you

OH LAWD
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
[quote="'[X"]']really....all 450 pounds of my mom.....sucks for youThats the oldest comeback to a "your mom" joke, so I'll gie my standard answer to that...

Yeah I love em fat.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
[quote="'[X"]']who?
Basically? You just got served, f'd in the a, and pwned.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
[quote="'[X"]']really....all 450 pounds of my mom.....sucks for you

Way to diss your own mother

Quote by big duck
e.g.

You see what I mean? That would be so much better if you put "thats what she said" in there instead.

All the cool kids are doing it.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

the "your mom" phrase came about with the coming and popularity of Napoleon Dynamite, all because of Kif's simple saying of "Your mom goes to college." and
it being incredibly overused.

i like saying your mom to people anyway.
think of it as like the 90s kids always saying "sike!" or any other phrases
that i said in my youthier days

its a simple phrase used as a normal way of talking.
nobody really gets offended by it anymore because everyone accepts it.
and i find "thats what she said" to be incredibly f**king stupid.....sorry.
Yeah ive used it in some crafty situations and got some good laughs, but in
the end...its just not as cool as your mom.

in the end, it comes down to who still likes the phrases, and who doesn't.

no...scratch that..in the end...
these phrases are overrated.

that sums it up.
Its just a lame ass excuse of a comeback when you don't have the intelligence or energy to think of something better...! In this case, think of anything for a comeback!!

and if you wanna be a chav/scumbag (irish chav), make it "yer ma" in a really nasal tone...!
Last edited by af_the_fragile at Sep 27, 2007,
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I have no idea.

I'm not "hip", "preppy", or any other kind of person like that that used that slang term, so I wouldn't know

.. that was stupid to say that only "hip" or "preppy" people use a term like that.

I think you need to get out more and stop putting people into categories and labels
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP

You, sir, are going to hell.
WILDCARD, BITCHES!!

Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
the "your mom" phrase came about with the coming and popularity of Napoleon Dynamite, all because of Kif's simple saying of "Your mom goes to college." and
it being incredibly overused.

that i said in my youthier days

its a simple phrase used as a normal way of talking.
nobody really gets offended by it anymore because everyone accepts it.

in the end, it comes down to who still likes the phrases, and who doesn't.

no...scratch that..in the end...
these phrases are overrated.

that sums it up.

people have been saying mom jokes a long time before napolean dynamite
Quote by zippidyduda

You see what I mean? That would be so much better if you put "thats what she said" in there instead.

All the cool kids are doing it.

ive been saying "that's what she said" since the 3rd grade then in the 4th grade i found out what it ment. boy what a day that was!
Quote by ShaunDiel
Listen to this man. His 2 ideas in five minutes have shat all over your serious ideas.
Quote by amorebelladonna
.. that was stupid to say that only "hip" or "preppy" people use a term like that.

I think you need to get out more and stop putting people into categories and labels

I said I was not one of those, or any other local social class which is associated with using that phrase. Where I live, metalheads, rednecks, rockers, geeks, and others of the like are NOT considered to say that word, the people like those who wear "South Pole" or "Hollister" say it more often

I hope I have set you straight from this long and curvey road you follow in life
Quote by yurfinlfntsy
I said I was not one of those, or any other local social class which is associated with using that phrase. Where I live, metalheads, rednecks, rockers, geeks, and others of the like are NOT considered to say that word, the people like those who wear "South Pole" or "Hollister" say it more often

I hope I have set you straight from this long and curvey road you follow in life

You havent set anything straight. I was saying that you were basing everything on what someone "is." I do follow a long curvy road in life. Because it is life. By you having to put everyone in their own "class" your road is straight and narrow. Just like your mind.

And on a somewhat unrelated topic, why does everyone get this delusional idea that since someone buys their clothes somewhere that they are stuck up? Its so ridiculous. Yeah, there are stuck-up people who buy their clothes at abercrombie and hollister, but people who refuse to buy anything from there because it will make the a "stuck up prep" are just as stuck up. They are ****ing clothes. It amazes me to no end that the price of what you buy can determine if someone likes you or not.

/end rant
Quote by MrDURPEEDURP

that i said in my youthier days .

I believe that is spelled as "PSYCHE!"

but yes, that was a good way of putting it. I will have to agree on thats what she said being cooler though, its way funnier simply because its not as overused.
I've got a bike you can ride it if you like
the "your mom" phrase is getting old... well in my high school it is anyway. Now it's more like "your face is...."
everyone takes half the sentence you last says, slightly alters it and puts "your face" or "your face is" in front of it...
so if u said "your mom", they would say "your face is your mom"

....the stupid things we say in highscool....
Just because you can speak does not mean you are an intelligent being
[quote="'[X"]']why is this even around. To me, it makes no sense. How is it a comeback for anything.

Please explain

YOUR MOM WASN'T RESPONDING ALL THAT COHERANTLY LAST NIGHT WHEN I SHOVED A PILLOW OVER HER FACE AND CUT HOLES IN HER WITH A BUTTER KNIFE THEN ****ED HER WOUNDS!

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol
If you say any popular saying/phrase the chances are you are not funny but think you are. If you have EVER used "your mom" you should pay with death. The same goes for "thats what she said". I feel that I have to put this before some retard goes "i bet u said that when u wur yunger", the answer is no. I have never felt the need to say, or laugh at, any of these.

EDIT: ^^^^^^ the post above is a great example of how things should be done. I lol'd
I've never said 'your mom' in that sence before.
but I do like to use 'that could come in handy' to my girlfriend or friends with girlfriends/boyfriends.

I remember once, my friends girlfriend bit this kid on the arm for poking her boobs,
my friend was looking at her like 'dude. I won't let your mouth anywhere near Mikey JR. again'
So I said 'that could come in handy'
[quote="'[X"]']because people in my HS say it all the time

Does your high school exist in a hole in the space-time continuum in which no time has passed since 1998?