i made a thread way back on this when i first started, but cant find it now. finally finished it up. i did all the work myself, with a cost of 11 dollars. i appreciate any comments / constructive criticism. enjoy the pics!

equipment (R - L) azden wireless , boss tu-2 , dunlop crybaby from hell , bbe sonic maximizer , whammy , foot switch for pod 2.0

construction -

first base coat (flat black) -

final paint (silver burst) -

Last edited by sizzlefizzle at Sep 27, 2007,
looks awesome could you maybe put up how you did it (sorry im a total noob at this) but ive been looking at pedalboards and have yet to find one i like but thats like the perfect shape. thanks.
Quote by tehREALcaptain
looks awesome could you maybe put up how you did it (sorry im a total noob at this) but ive been looking at pedalboards and have yet to find one i like but thats like the perfect shape. thanks.

dont have any pics of actually marking it out and making the jig to mark the shape. the shape is sweet though, more player friendly than those boring straight boards.
Quote by panterarocker
Looks good. You got some nice pedals too.

thanks man. the goal of my setup is to be very versatile, and very simple at the same time.
Quote by Roidster
looks good man,i like the whole curved idea
one thing though,i would put your sonic stomp and the end of your chain

i had it like that, but its just something about the way the whammy sounds with the sonic stomp before it....... seems to clean the whammy up alot, unless my mind is just imagining it.
whoa, that's cool. I like your board a lot. Some cool pedals too. It's kind of sad how some pedalboards go for over $300, and yet the company's are too dumb to think of something as simple as curving the board to make it easier to use. Kinda funny...
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Quote by LeperMessiah_
how do you wire up all the pedals to an adaptor?

i have a power strip at the amplifier. i extended the cable on the whammy adapter, and i use an old school arion 6 outlet supply for everything else. i ran a long line from it to the board, then adapted to a "1-spot" daisy chain cable. i have 2 extra power outlets on the board in case i add something else. i can always re-arrange the tuner and the sonic maximizer and fit more stuff, since im not dancing around them. i use the old arion power supply because it has a breaker built into it.
Quote by PieceOfMind666
It's kind of sad how some pedalboards go for over $300.

yeah, i have always thought they charge too much. i have built several of these for local people and only charged them about 75 bucks.
very nice, and also orginal! defentally one of a kind. im thinking about getting a sonic stomp, whats your opinion on it? a lot of people tell me its like taking a blanket off your amp
Quote by lp_dude_2
very nice, and also orginal! defentally one of a kind. im thinking about getting a sonic stomp, whats your opinion on it? a lot of people tell me its like taking a blanket off your amp

i have seen alot of different opinions on the sonic stomp. some say it helps, some say it doesnt. i guess it just depends on what your using. i have a weird penchant for solid state heads, and it really helped thicken it up alot. i can drop down to a nice bluesy overdrive, switch to the neck pickup on my strat, turn on the sonic stomp, and get a really ballsy blues sound. it also seems to help define the notes when using high gain.
Quote by lp_dude_2
a lot of people told me it help SS more then tube, and i run a tube amp with high gain JJ's in it. think it will have the same effect for me?

i dont know. might be a good idea to just find one used, then if it dont work out you could always just sell it for what you paid. the local shop knows me very well, so they just let me borrow the display unit so i could try it out on my rig before i bought it.
Quote by lp_dude_2
well the only problem with that is if there isnt a used one, you SOL, which i am. check all my new and used stores and no one had one at all!

ebay

i see 'em there cheap all the time.
Nice looking board. I like the pipes to keep the wires tidy.
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
Quote by Miracle_Man
Nice looking board. I like the pipes to keep the wires tidy.

thats wire loom for car audio. you can buy it on ebay for almost nothing, comes in many colors too. check ebay for it, search for "wire loom"
Quote by sizzlefizzle
thats wire loom for car audio. you can buy it on ebay for almost nothing, comes in many colors too. check ebay for it, search for "wire loom"

thanks for the info
What's the difference between a chickpea and a lentil?
I've never paid to have a lentil on my face!
i might of missed something, but are the pedals actually connected (like with velcro) to the board? or are they loose?
Quote by Dave_Mc
how do those marshall handles compare tonewise to, say, mesa handles?

Owns a Blackheart Little Giant...
Cordin' to me, it looked better without the silver "burst". Nice built though...
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
Quote by Thewolf_and_man
Cordin' to me, it looked better without the silver "burst". Nice built though...

everyone has plain colored boards, the idea here is to have something different. i feel i have accomplished that goal very well. every aspect of it is different from what everyone and their momma has.
Sure, but that "burst" looks very... low quality made ^^
The curved design kick asses...
"I never liked those Deep Purples or those sort of things. I always hated it. I always thought it was a poor man’s Led Zeppelin"
// Angus Young

+1
Quote by Thewolf_and_man
Sure, but that "burst" looks very... low quality made ^^
The curved design kick asses...

i think you missed the part where i said i only had 11 dollars invested in EVERYTHING. i like it which is most important. the plain old solid black just didnt do it for me. i know the "burst" is low quality, but considering the amount of time, the cost, and the fact that it was done with a can of spray paint in 5 minutes, i think it is decent.

any pics of your rig?
Quote by sizzlefizzle
i think you missed the part where i said i only had 11 dollars invested in EVERYTHING

yup, thats where i want wrong sry... f*cking nice job with a budget of 11 dollars...

My rig, gonna try take some pics tomorrow.
// Angus Young

+1