i can solo around a good bit, come up with nifty little riffs, but i have issues with chord strumming patterns and chord progressions.....basically, i can handle a decent amount of lead but i cant do a lick (haha) of rhythm.

is that normal?
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by bored_maniac33
i can solo around a good bit, come up with nifty little riffs, but i have issues with chord strumming patterns and chord progressions.....basically, i can handle a decent amount of lead but i cant do a lick (haha) of rhythm.

is that normal?

Normal? Nothing is "normal" when it comes to guitar playing. Everybody play differently and has their own strengths and weaknesses. Try going back to basic and learning easy chord strumming patterns, and just keep practicing rhythm to get on par with your leads.
Be cool.
^+1

I can't agree more. Everyone sucks at something. Like Jimi Hendrix... he couldn't stay clean.
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by thedude051
Normal? Nothing is "normal" when it comes to guitar playing. Everybody play differently and has their own strengths and weaknesses. Try going back to basic and learning easy chord strumming patterns, and just keep practicing rhythm to get on par with your leads.

yea, i guess what i meant was, unusual or like sub-par

(btw we started playing guitar at almost exactly the same time, the first time i got the real version of the smoke on the water riff out of a guitar was only like 9 days earlier
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by elekguit
^+1

I can't agree more. Everyone sucks at something. Like Jimi Hendrix... he couldn't stay clean.

lol.