aye

just wondering what some of your opinions were on getting gear thats more towards metal. the stuff id like to get into is Necrophagist, Alarum, Between the Buried and Me, type of stuff, basically I want to get into shredding and i've been looking at the following items to get. keep in mind ive been playing for a good amount of time and also have a strong musical background. anyways:

Roland Cube 60
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Roland-Cube-60-Guitar-Amp?sku=480197

Ibanez RG 1570
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG1570-Electric-Guitar?sku=519965

Now, one of the questions that I have is im looking to spend up to 2000~2500 dollars on gear because I want it to last. I was also looking into getting a half-stack or something around that, also what other suggestions would you have on a good alternative to the things that i want?

let me know
As far as the amp, I'd go with a high gain tube amp. I personally like the sound of the 5150 or 6505. That's just me.
how much do those usually run, ive been looking online and can't seem to find them...
:
Quote by malachifivebass
you cant make a male musician choose music or sex, its like asking a fat man twinkie or brownie

Quote by iamnotrabid
Quote by metdethslaythrx
Naomi
it's "I moan" backwards
No, it's I maon.

Phail

I WILL one day rule the world, Pm me with the position you want and Ill see if it is open.
Yeah the Schecter is kickass. I had bad experience with Randall though. As a suggestion, I would find a guitar that I really liked. To me playability is a major issue, neck profile, fret access and so on. I would then make a list of the suggested amps and play them all through that guitar.
My schecter hellraiser fr came in tuesday and man i love it! If you want to get the schecter do what i did. Go to SameDayMusic.com and look at the Schecter C1 FR Hellraiser then click the Seen a lower price? button and link them this guitar http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Schecter-C1-Hellraiser-Electric-Guitar?sku=513105

If you're lucky enough like I was some idiot will match that price and sell you the one with Floyd Rose for 636 dollars instead of the normal $799 price tag =)
For the amp go with a Peavey 5150 or 6505.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
should i go with a different amp head or just get the 5150 combo? im looking for something that isn't insanely expensive
You can find used 5150 combos on the Bay for $600-$800 all the time, check it out.
As for whether to get the Hellraiser or the Prestige, it's up to you, they're both awesome guitars. The Ibanez has a thinner, faster neck, but the Schecter has better pickups (EMGs), so play 'em both and see which one you like better.

PinkEdit: ^I just saw that link, and if you can get a blem 6505 for $870 (with free shipping!), do it.
LAWL GET A LINE 6 SPIDER ITZ SO METAL MY BRAINS ARE FLYING OUT!!!!!!

Jk.

For metal? Try jackson and esp.

Oh and amp, go tube plz?
I don't even shred
Ibanez RG1570 with dimario ToneZone/Blue Velvet/Breed(or Air Norton) and a Peavey 6505, and you get an amazing metal sound
Quote by Nebjy
LAWL GET A LINE 6 SPIDER ITZ SO METAL MY BRAINS ARE FLYING OUT!!!!!!

I know better than that.......

ok thanks for the advice so far. a few months ago when i was planning this out, i was pretty set on a roland cube 60 and looked at the 5150/6505 as an alternative - i just have another question.... about buying gear with blemish on it, do they send you pictures or something or do you just take your chances?
so i shouldn't worry about the blemish? i honestly do not care how it looks, i just want something that sounds perfect, it says that they are exactly the same besides the way it looks externally, but is that limited to anything that could possibly mechanical?
They aren't going to send you an amp that doesn't work.

And if they do, send it back.

Are you sure you want a trem?

The RG1570 is made of basswood and has really bland pickups, neither of which are really conducive to a mean metal tone (in my opinion).
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
For amp go with:

peavey 6505- dark and so much gain
peavey JSX - high-gain and great cleans
Peavey XXX - high gain and good cleans

As for a guitar i'd go with a jackson, Ibanez or a schecter.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
Quote by FacingUsAll
They aren't going to send you an amp that doesn't work.

And if they do, send it back.

Are you sure you want a trem?

The RG1570 is made of basswood and has really bland pickups, neither of which are really conducive to a mean metal tone (in my opinion).

i always wondered about the RG1570 being basswood, but from what i dug up on the forums, people generally say its good for metal, but ill keep reading more and refine my decision. also, i do want a trem on it, im just looking for something thats decent to start.
Quote by jerm__
For amp go with:

peavey 6505- dark and so much gain
peavey JSX - high-gain and great cleans
Peavey XXX - high gain and good cleans

As for a guitar i'd go with a jackson, Ibanez or a schecter.

what jackson or schecter models should i look into?
for schecter look into the hellraiser series or the elite series.

For jackson you could look into some dinkies.
-Shecter C-7 Hellraiser FR, Schecter C-1 Hellraiser FR,
ESP LTD F-2005, Ibanez RG7321
-Peavey 6505+
-Maxon OD-9, Dunlop 535Q Wah, EHX Deluxe Memory Man, MXR 10-band EQ, MXR Super Comp
Melodeath: www.myspace.com/incarnia
UG Gain Whore
have you tried a marshall jcm 2000 401 dsl?

it's around $1100 and it's an infinite amount of times better than the cube

take a look into some schecter or jackson guitars too
The DSL 401 is not really high gain. I don't think it would be the perfect choice for metal. The Cube would do the jb for the time being until you get enough money to buy a good high gain tube amp.
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30