cranked vj+tubescreamer
if you cant crank it, fulltone ocd all the way
I use a DOD YJM308 in front of mine and think it sounds just like a Marshall. I also use a TS9 as a boost for solos and to thicken my sound up a bit. I do not however use it over a cranked VJ. If its cranked, just the TS9 will work fine.
Crunchbox

or a tubesceamer to get into higher gain territory if, and only if you can crank it.

Fulltone OCD for a Marshall crunch.
Fender American Vintage '62 Jaguar
Fender Crafted in Japan '62 Telecaster
THD Flexi-50 + Vox V112HTV Handwired Cab
if you want metal, are you sure you want a VJ? might be worth waiting for the peavey windsor studio to come out... though it might not get as heavy as the head. you'd need to try it.

i know here in the UK, for the cost of a VJ + pedal, you could afford the windsor studio. might not be the same in canada, though.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
ah ok. the VJ should be good for blues (more british blues, mind), and marshally crunch (kinda, again british classic rock crunch), metal is the problem. it's not very tight, and doesn't have very much gain. still, if you're getting a good trade, you could do worse, i guess. problem is, a pedal which'll sound good through it might end up costing more than the amp. if you're ok with that, fair enough.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?