Well, still looking for other options as to a guitar, and I came across these recently. Within my price range, and from the specs they sound decent enough. This one in particular: http://www.rondomusic.com/valkyrieiiip90.html

uh, any word on these? Good brand? Good out of the box, or would I need to modify to get a good sound? worth my time at all?
They have a pretty good reputation around here. I haven't tried one, so I can't say much, but the general consensus around here is that they blow Epis out of the water, at least the high-end models do.

I think their seven-strings are badass.
Last edited by Holy Katana at Sep 27, 2007,
i own and agile tc630 tele copy. its amazing. i havent had any experience with the sg copies though.. the lp copies got a nice reputation as well
If you can spend more money check Burny,Tokai,Greco,and Edwards,I'm personally GASing for an Edwards LP Custom.
Quote by Galapogos
If you can spend more money check Burny,Tokai,Greco,and Edwards,I'm personally GASing for an Edwards LP Custom.

Edwards are great. Unfortunately, I've heard ESP is trying to stop people from importing their Japan-only guitars (the vast majority of what they make, truthfully).
Quote by Holy Katana
Edwards are great. Unfortunately, I've heard ESP is trying to stop people from importing their Japan-only guitars (the vast majority of what they make, truthfully).

Oh ****?Really?I wanted to get an Edwards from Ishibashi or whatever,because they do international shipping.Where you hear this?
Galapogos, I'm shooting for $300 or under (could go up to $350, maybe), so I couldn't be spending too much more.

.smudged., had no idea. I'll check up on that now.
Oh,I've seen some Tokais and Burnys go around $500,$450 the least.Agiles seem nice,I've never played one so I wouldnt know how they play/sound.I'd say go for it if thats what you want.
so are these really good guitars at this cheap a price??!
Ibanez Jem 777BK, Carvin DC727, Fender MIM Strat
Mesa Boogie DC5
Xotic BB Preamp, Ts9, BBE GS, Boss DD-6
Weber Mass
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Ask me any questions about my gear!
Quote by Galapogos
Oh ****?Really?I wanted to get an Edwards from Ishibashi or whatever,because they do international shipping.Where you hear this?

It's just a rumor, but it came from the fact that Ikebe-Gakki is no longer importing Edwards because ESP told them to stop. I read about it on Sevenstring.org, where a member got the info from the Japanaxe.com forums.

You need to buy an Edwards VERY quickly if this spreads to Ishibashi and other stores in Japan that ship internationally.
Quote by Holy Katana
It's just a rumor, but it came from the fact that Ikebe-Gakki is no longer importing Edwards because ESP told them to stop. I read about it on Sevenstring.org, where a member got the info from the Japanaxe.com forums.

You need to buy an Edwards VERY quickly if this spreads to Ishibashi and other stores in Japan that ship internationally.

How quickly like within the next year?Becuase I have to wait till my birthday in April to get the money for one.
we should direct the thread back to what the TS whats answered, not a burny/edwards/tokai fan club. unfortunatley, i cant help.
My Gear:
Fender 60th Anniversary Standard Strat
Vox AD30VT
Big Muff Pi.
Quote by Galapogos
How quickly like within the next year?Becuase I have to wait till my birthday in April to get the money for one.

Don't worry, man. People will most likely have them on eBay. Still, I can understand why ESP is doing this. They're trying to avoid serious legal trouble.

My birthday's in April, too, actually. A week before yours.
Quote by Holy Katana
Don't worry, man. People will most likely have them on eBay. Still, I can understand why ESP is doing this. They're trying to avoid serious legal trouble.

My birthday's in April, too, actually. A week before yours.

Yeah,I'm just worried about buying off ebay.When I saw Ishibashi ships internationally I was like "Yeah,score!,Jackpot!" I hope its just a rumour though.
Quote by Galapogos
Yeah,I'm just worried about buying off ebay.When I saw Ishibashi ships internationally I was like "Yeah,score!,Jackpot!" I hope its just a rumour though.

Well, Ikebe-Gakki is confirmed to have stopped selling Edwards guitars to international customers, so it's not really a rumor, it's more or less logical speculation.
Quote by Holy Katana
Well, Ikebe-Gakki is confirmed to have stopped selling Edwards guitars to international customers, so it's not really a rumor, it's more or less logical speculation.

I guess I can still go Burny or Tokai,if I want to go through Ishibashi.And like you said they're still gonna be selling on eBay.
Quote by Galapogos
Oh,I've seen some Tokais and Burnys go around $500,$450 the least.Agiles seem nice,I've never played one so I wouldnt know how they play/sound.I'd say go for it if thats what you want.

Well, that's why I came asking around here: don't know if I want one or not. Need to see what the community thinks of them.
From what I've heard they're pretty good. From reading their specs, I would still say they are good. However, I have never personally tried one.

And Wulver, you have a truely awesome avatar.
It's GANDHI not GHANDI

Quote by lewymcgee
oh yea, stanleybach, what are u like the forum ass hole, stop tryin to ruin all the fun u dick head

Quote by webbtje
Stanleybach fucked a tree. My perversion is nothing.
Oh, uh, thank you Mr Ghandi, sir.

Yeah, from the specs alone they look awesome. And some of them have P-90s, huge plus there......
NO MORE HIJACK!!!!! I am looking into an Agile LP copy, only going on the reputation they have here.
Quote by Holy Katana

is it international, though, or USA-only?

Big difference. Because Tokai can sell their obvious copies in guitar shops here in the UK. And my edwards shipped from ishibashi a few days ago (not here yet, unfortunately).

I had heard about the Ikebe rumour (was on HC), but I think that guy was in the US, so it's hard to know.

Anyway, sorry for the hijack.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Agiles offer very good Bang for the $$$ (an opinion). I have a discontinued AL 3100M (LP wannabe, 2-piece Mahogany, 3/4" Maple cap, Maple binding, etc., in HoneyBurst). Instead of bringing my Gibson to school or band practice, I use the Agile ... it removes the worry of getting dings and/or dents or the thing getting stolen.

People from the UG won't mistake it for a Gibson LP but it offers performance that is "close enough" and for the price, is definitely a good buy. I suspect the Valkyrie (which looks like the spawn of an SG and a Jazz Bass) will offer similar performance. At $240, even if you end up hating it, it won't be a huge loss.

If you have friends or family in Japan, you can have them watch out for MIJ Epiphones when they go on sale. The cool thing is that they have the open book headstock like the Gibsons vs. the chopped off ones from China. It's a beast just like the 59RI Gibson LPs although there are models with the thinner 60s neck: