i was given an Epi LP Junior by a friend who wasnt using it anymore, and its become my main guitar until i purchase a new guitar. However it is covered with stickers. Is there any way to remove the stickers so i dont damage the finish? ive resorted to peeling the stickers off and wiping off the rest with this liquid that is used to remove the black stuff on your skin after you take off a bandage.

Is there a better way?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Yep, rip em off and sand th guitar... go "Au Natural'
Add me or I will eat your kitty!

^Click the heart baby, you know you wanna.^

Quote by Sammythedruggie

touche sir.
Quote by elekguit
Yep, rip em off and sand th guitar... go "Au Natural'

lolz
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Quote by HyperBoy2519
i was given an Epi LP Junior by a friend who wasnt using it anymore, and its become my main guitar until i purchase a new guitar. However it is covered with stickers. Is there any way to remove the stickers so i dont damage the finish? ive resorted to peeling the stickers off and wiping off the rest with this liquid that is used to remove the black stuff on your skin after you take off a bandage.

Is there a better way?

Remove the stickers and then rub where they were with a cotton cloth and rubbing alcohol. Should get all the goo up with a little effort.
theres something called "goo gone" i think that should be at a craft store or something like home depot. im pretty sure it is made to not damage finishes but if you are worried about it, then poor some of it into a cup and dilute it with water so its not a strong. then get a cloth and rub it.
My gear:
gibson sg
fender stratocaster
vox AD30
crybaby wah
^don't u think those would remove some paint too?
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
I know Goo gone for a fact will not harm the finish of a guitar.

Nail polish remover on the other hand...I dunno...it's meant to thin paint and such...I woudln't really trust it.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Quote by MESAexplorer
I know Goo gone for a fact will not harm the finish of a guitar.

Nail polish remover on the other hand...I dunno...it's meant to thin paint and such...I woudln't really trust it.

My friend used it to get some sticker goo and marker crap off his guitar once... If you are extremely light, you may be alright, but start going hard and it will start to eat into the clear coat, so I would highly advise against it.
this is what i used, lighter fluid(barbeque stuff).
very easy to use, doesnt damage the finish, dab a little on a paper towel and wipe it, comes right off.... and its free since its probably a common household item
have you tried yelling at the stickers to get off your guitar? Or reasoning with the stickers?

But The goo gone works for sure I watched my friend use it on his bass didnt harm it one bit. If your still iffy about it very hot water on a cotton cloth should take off all the gunk.
I used to work at an autobody shop and if we had to remove stickers, striping and other graphics from cars and motorcycles. What we did was to heat the sticker with a heatgun. (use a hairdryer though) it softens the glue and shouldn't hurt the finish you can usually peel it off glue and all. If there is a residue use rubbing alcohol. If you use Goo Gone, Nail polish remover (Acetone), Mineral spirits or paint thinner test it someplace on the guitar that won't show these chemicals can craze or remove the finish depending on what it's finished with. Some finishes are very hard to do damage with chemicals. I tried stripping a guitar with Citristrip and it didn't do a thing to the finish actually it looked like it made it shinier! LOL
^heat the sticker. like said.

also goo gone for residue. (oil)

of course, dont use finish remover.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by johnro6659
I used to work at an autobody shop and if we had to remove stickers, striping and other graphics from cars and motorcycles. What we did was to heat the sticker with a heatgun. (use a hairdryer though) it softens the glue and shouldn't hurt the finish you can usually peel it off glue and all. If there is a residue use rubbing alcohol. If you use Goo Gone, Nail polish remover (Acetone), Mineral spirits or paint thinner test it someplace on the guitar that won't show these chemicals can craze or remove the finish depending on what it's finished with. Some finishes are very hard to do damage with chemicals. I tried stripping a guitar with Citristrip and it didn't do a thing to the finish actually it looked like it made it shinier! LOL

I would be extremely careful with a hairdryer to het them. I once saw a Hamer Chapparal that was the victim of some kind of abuse at the hands of a hair dryer, and the clear coat was one massive crack.
get a big pot of water, boil it, hold the guitar over the steam for a few mintues
should literally slide off
then just wipe it down

this stops it from drying up but still melts the glue. there's a small chance it'll start to melt the clear coat, but i doubt it
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I just peeled them off and used some stuff to clean glasses on a cloth to get rid of the goo. Then sold it for way too much money.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)