i want something to play when im just chilling with a group of people.. i consider myself not a bad player but i dont really know any full songs to entertain people.. i mostly just improvise lead parts but that doesnt sound any good when played alone..

i'm looking for songs that can be played on solo acoustic guitar (doesnt have to be acoustic rock as long as it sounds ok on acoustic) and will sound good without any singing. im interested mostly old rock kind of stuff, classic rock.. maybe some funk reggae or ska but as long as it sounds good without any singing

i guess medium skill level.. thanks guys
what is the music theory and what does it teach you, like scales, solos, and to build speed???

Check out my recordings
mombasa by tommy emmanual.
or anything else by him for that matter. ti wont be easy, but it'll help your playing instantly and the songs are all great on their own
nothing else matters
tears in heaven
Classico FTW
You are now blinking manually
dee by randy rhoads.
such a good song
"Love truth, Pardon error."-Voltaire

My Gear:
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Gibson Black Beauty
Schecter Avenger
Mesa Triple Rectifier
Marshal 1962 4X12 cab
Dunlop Jazz III's
Quote by Viruk
i want something to play when im just chilling with a group of people.. i consider myself not a bad player but i dont really know any full songs to entertain people.. i mostly just improvise lead parts but that doesnt sound any good when played alone..

i'm looking for songs that can be played on solo acoustic guitar (doesnt have to be acoustic rock as long as it sounds ok on acoustic) and will sound good without any singing.

Honestly, if you're just chilling and you want something to play, it's very rare that people (esp non-guitarists) will sit up and listen to something they don't know (unless of course it's something amazingly intricate and beautiful...but you probably won't put in all that effort to impress people.)

For your purposes I suggest what I call "the singalong songs". These are the songs that everybody knows and everybody likes but they're also not lousy. Examples:

+Wonderwall by Oasis (I believe that this is THE ultimate singalong song, but also overdone...I haven't heard someone pick up an acoustic and NOT play it )
+Ring of Fire by Johnny Cash
+Bridge Over Troubled Water by Simon and Garfunkel
+Mrs. Robinson by Simon and Garfunkel
+Times they are a-Changin by Bob Dylan (most popular Bob Dylan songs are good singalong songs)
+Hey There Delilah (some people don't like this song but it's a good singalong song, PLUS fun to alter I do a Hey Jeremiah cover since I'm a girl, hahaha. Good fun)
+Breaking the Girl by the Red Hot Chili Peppers (also Can't Stop, Road Trippin', Slow Cheetah...most Peppers songs cause a lot of people know and like them)
+Blackbird by the Beatles...or any Beatles song

Of course if you don't like any of them you wouldn't play them. But since you don't want to sing, it's a good starter to get these songs going and then people tend to naturally sing along. Everybody wins!