Searched, found nothing. And since deathcore is allowed here.....*drum roll*

http://www.myspace.com/fromasecondstorywindow

Deathcore/Mathcore band. Their album Delenda is pretty cool. I really like the mix of the prog/math elements with the death metal stuff.

See what you guys think.
Awesome, awesome, awesome! I'm loving it.

EDIT: On second thought, this might belong in the Hardcore forum, not that I care.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Last edited by Beware!Criminal at Sep 27, 2007,
theyre cool but there's no such genre as deathcore
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Quote by jpgilbert701
theyre cool but there's no such genre as deathcore

And Mathcore is a real genre? Why isn't deathcore?
If you see me in the pit, know that I'm only there because the metal forum is moving slowly.
Quote by Sn^ke

i think nebarskan is a cool guy, eh wears a nile and doesnt afraid of anything

Quote by stanleybach
Aren't you proud to wear that Nile? You don't afraid of anything man!
Both are real sub-genres. EXAMPLE:
Melodic death metal = death metal that is melodic...yes?
Technical death metal = death metal that is technical yes?
Deathcore = death metal with hardcore influences
Mathcore = math metal with hardcore influences.

I'm not using it as an insult or cause a bunch of 12 year olds like the band, I'm using it cause it's an accurate description.
BACK TO THE BAND SO THIS DOESN'T GET OFF TOPIC.

I ****ing love the vocals....I'm pretty sure it's 2 dudes, but meh. Still awesome.
No, math metal is progressive metal just heavier or it could even be progressive metal with experimental influences. Deathcore is death metal. Almost all of these subgenres that have started coming up because death metal is "the" cool music to listen to can be thrown into an already existing subgenre. Since when did math become associated with music? What about jazz? Some jazz bands can play in 10/8. They're not called "math jazz" bands

EXAMPLE: Between the Buried and Me. They're not "math metal" or "deathcore".Theyre a progressive death metal or even a technical death metal band with elements of jazz mixed in.

Just cause songs have breakdowns doesnt mean you tack a "core" to it. Just about every genre of music that is rooted in rock has breakdowns they're just more melodic than hardcore's chugging on your low e string in odd time signatures. There's more to hardcore than just breakdowns.

EXAMPLE: Listen to pantera's domination after the solo. you could say that thats a breakdown by hardcore's standards.Is Pantera metalcore? no theyre not, they're just metal.
Quote by csn00b
I hate seeing cute girls topless and what not, it just feels wrong.
Last edited by jpgilbert701 at Sep 28, 2007,
*sigh* Does every thread have to get to that point where idiotic squabbling over "genre" takes precendance over the band?

Firstly: Math metal is metal where the over-abundance of seemingly random time-signatures and note groupings takes precendance over nearly everything else. Meshuggah is a band based on its droning riffs and seemingly random use of varying time-signatures, thus they are math-metal. Dream Theater is a band noted for their extreme complexity and over-abundance of time-signatures, but the MUSIC takes precendance over the time-signatures and groupings.

Secondly: For the last time. I am getting sick of explaining this. Deathcore, by NATURE OF ITS FUCKING NAME, is death metal with hardcore influences. IT IS NOT STRAIGHT UP DEATH METAL WITH A TRENDY TITLE! FOR THE ONE BILLIONTH TIME! I AM NOT USING IT AS A FUCKING LABEL FOR A GENRE SIMPLY BECAUSE I HATE SOME SCENE KID LISTENING TO MY MUSIC! I am using it as a legitimate term for music that it applies to. EXAMPLE:

I am listening to Bring Me The Horizon. I think, "Wow, this music sounds awfully like melodic death metal, but the vocals don't quite fit melo-death. Oh and the breakdowns are awfully metalcoreish...hm...I wonder what you would call it....Death metal? No, that's too vague...I know! Deathcore! Because that describes the sound. Wow, that wasn't too hard to grasp, now was it. Why no, no it wasn't."

END OF FUCKING EXAMPLE.

Thirdly: If you listen to any song, there will be a section that is labelled "Breakdown". THIS IS NOT THE TYPE OF BREAKDOWN I AM TALKING ABOUT! I am talking about the, as you put it, "chugging on the low E in odd time signatures" which is, AMAZINGLY, one of the DEFINING CHARACTERISTICS OF HARDCORE! So, if said characteristic shows up in another genre, it is normally want to attatch "-core" to the end, if certain other characteristics show.

Fourthly: Pantera did not use a breakdown in everyone of their songs. The riff in Domination, along with most early Machine Head songs, helped form the basis for the "metalcore/hardcore" breakdown. In the same way that At The Gates helped form the basis for a lot of metalcore/deathcore/hardcore bands. But oh no, you wouldn't call At The Gates metalcore/hardcore/deathcore. Would you? So why would you use Pantera as an example when they are in the same situation.

/End rant. STFU, keep the thread on topic.

To everyone who likes the band so far, metal to hear. They are an awesome band. I think they just released a new album, I'll have to check.
*sigh* Does every thread have to get to that point where idiotic squabbling over "genre" takes precendance over the band?

Firstly: Math metal is metal where the over-abundance of seemingly random time-signatures and note groupings takes precendance over nearly everything else. Meshuggah is a band based on its droning riffs and seemingly random use of varying time-signatures, thus they are math-metal. Dream Theater is a band noted for their extreme complexity and over-abundance of time-signatures, but the MUSIC takes precendance over the time-signatures and groupings.

Secondly: For the last time. I am getting sick of explaining this. Deathcore, by NATURE OF ITS FUCKING NAME, is death metal with hardcore influences. IT IS NOT STRAIGHT UP DEATH METAL WITH A TRENDY TITLE! FOR THE ONE BILLIONTH TIME! I AM NOT USING IT AS A FUCKING LABEL FOR A GENRE SIMPLY BECAUSE I HATE SOME SCENE KID LISTENING TO MY MUSIC! I am using it as a legitimate term for music that it applies to. EXAMPLE:

I am listening to Bring Me The Horizon. I think, "Wow, this music sounds awfully like melodic death metal, but the vocals don't quite fit melo-death. Oh and the breakdowns are awfully metalcoreish...hm...I wonder what you would call it....Death metal? No, that's too vague...I know! Deathcore! Because that describes the sound. Wow, that wasn't too hard to grasp, now was it. Why no, no it wasn't."

END OF FUCKING EXAMPLE.

Thirdly: If you listen to any song, there will be a section that is labelled "Breakdown". THIS IS NOT THE TYPE OF BREAKDOWN I AM TALKING ABOUT! I am talking about the, as you put it, "chugging on the low E in odd time signatures" which is, AMAZINGLY, one of the DEFINING CHARACTERISTICS OF HARDCORE! So, if said characteristic shows up in another genre, it is normally want to attatch "-core" to the end, if certain other characteristics show.

Fourthly: Pantera did not use a breakdown in everyone of their songs. The riff in Domination, along with most early Machine Head songs, helped form the basis for the "metalcore/hardcore" breakdown. In the same way that At The Gates helped form the basis for a lot of metalcore/deathcore/hardcore bands. But oh no, you wouldn't call At The Gates metalcore/hardcore/deathcore. Would you? So why would you use Pantera as an example when they are in the same situation.

To everyone who likes the band so far, metal to hear. They are an awesome band. I think they just released a new album, I'll have to check.

Posts like that are exactly why that emoticon was invented.
Quote by Inimical

Posts like that are exactly why that emoticon was invented.

Quote by Scourge441
Magero speaks the truth, and FASSW sound pretty damn awesome.

Haha, cheers. I just get sick of all the **** about "deathcore isn't a real genre, its just a label cause you don't like scene kids listening to real metal" cause to me, it just describes the music.

Ironically, I was reccomended FASSW by a bunch of scene kids
Quote by burrit0
Mathcore is just as silly as Deathcore.
ZOMG U R RYTE!! IT R ALL JSUT MYOOSIK!!! DER R NO SUCH TING AS ANYCORE. IT R ALL JSUT METUHL GUISE.

I suppose you're in the 'No, Korn really IS metal' club?

Fuck off. Magero > your stupid flowerpot nasal cavity.

END OF FUCKING EXAMPLE.

I agree with you but did someone put a tampon in the wrong hole or something?
nyrkki
Founder of UG's COB Hatecrew
^

Touche

Nah, I just get sick of all the **** about how deathcore is just a label for metal that scene kids like. Where it's not.... And if you say that, its never enough, so a massive large scale rant seemed the most likely way to help.....I'm now tempted to turn this into the "deathcore" thread
yeah about time one of the metalheads decided to type that up.
we were all on the verge of doing it. thank **** someone else finally got the energy to do it save us from doing it.

good job
Quote by IbanezSA160a
Ug's Drunken Irishman prevails over existence once again +All UG'S Point to you my drunken irish friend.

Black/Folk Metal
Lets keep this thread a thread about a band.
Don't argue about what's metal and what isn't, everything is metal, EVERYTHING, including the KFC I just ordered..

Lets let greety,faqu,bo and andrewbiles decide if this belongs here, in the meantime just enjoy the band.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
KFC Ist krieg.

And the thread's been here for a few days so...

And I'm glad others are liking FASSW.

I was just reading. Turns out its only 1 vocalist doing all the diff vocals. Thats pretty awesome considering how varied they are. The new album is sounding pretty good so far.

Oh and
"Simply put, we are trying to create music for attention-deficit people"

This band blows complete and total ass ... just as much so live ... and it is quite frankly a fucking travesty that this merits discussion alongside metal bands of pure caliber.

And since when the fuck did "Math Metal" become a goddamned genre, and why the fuck are terrible Hardcore bands being grouped into it?
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
^Considering that you deem any band playing about 5 BPM and gets any sort of attention ****, forgive me for not listening to you that seriously.
The fuck are you talking about?

Anyways, Saw these guys with Cattle Decapitation, hung out with Josh from CD and made fun of this horrible fucking band while they played.

I mean, I can understand the case for pretentious bands like JFAC/WTC etc here, ... but this is just blatantly hardcore, and horrible at that.
2006 AND 2007 Ultimate Guitar Best Vocalist

Quote by Magero
Jack - 3:54 AM
I will smoke, and eat and watch Futurama in your honour
Most of us are normal is my favourite song by these guys fo sho.

Everything else I got over quick.