Well then.
After much deliberation and song writing, we feel that by the last weekend in october, we'll be prepared to go in and lay down 6-7 songs in a ten hour period at patrick mcguire studios in dallas.

Question being, who has experience in a large studio, how stressfull was it?

We've got our **** VERY together, and can literally all play through it blindfolded. We plan on using these recordings to hopefully get some spots opening for larger touring acts.

We play thrash and prog metal for the most part, with some shred guitar solos.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x
And part of Fortysix and twos Defenders of Emo club.

" Zach_F I love you for that."
Would you care to post your material for us to hear once you're done?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
uhh. if your doing a live recording(all members playing at once) you may be able to do the recording in 10 hours. but for 6-7 songs to be mixxed just okay, you need at least one hour per song. but for better sound quality it works best to start with drums then do bass then guitars the vocals. and that would take a long time. so i suggest live but leave some good time for mixxing. mixxing live stuff takes a bit more time.
Sure, I'd love to post the stuff.

So count on 4 songs maybe?
We were planning on doing it live style, then going back and doing vocals.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

The #1 member of the club that isn't terribly predjudiced against emo. Get over yourselves.
PM me, or just say # x

Quote by blarnbatt
uhh. if your doing a live recording(all members playing at once) you may be able to do the recording in 10 hours. but for 6-7 songs to be mixxed just okay, you need at least one hour per song. but for better sound quality it works best to start with drums then do bass then guitars the vocals. and that would take a long time. so i suggest live but leave some good time for mixxing. mixxing live stuff takes a bit more time.

yeah there's no way you'll get 6-7 songs done in 10 hours. when we went in we did 2 songs from 10:30 till 7, including mastering, and we were pretty pressed for time. our drummer had even gone in a couple days before because he couldn't be there the day we went in. and the guy that works there said he could take a whole day to master just one song if we want to spend that much time to perfect it.
i'd say planning 10 hours for 2 songs would be a good plan. you'll have to go in 3 or 4 times to do that many songs
Now officially has too much gear to list

PM me if you want to know about my recording setup
6-7 will be real hard. And yes it is stressful, I went into a studio with a producer who has produced some pretty big bands(major label, warped tour, ect...) We had everything down, but so much can go wrong so fast in a studio. Take your time, I would rather have 4 decent tracks than 6-7 rushed piles of crap.
We did some home recordings to distribute as material for getting gigs and so forth, then saved all our money to buy 2 full days' worth of recording time (the first day was from 10am til about midnight, second day was from 9am til about 2am), and we only got 6 songs.

Even then I feel like we sorta rushed them... everything in that band felt rushed, much happier with my new one.
K, Well Im gonna shoot for three and consider upping it to 12 hours.
Quote by boardsofcanada
^^

<_<
~Bass'-play-er.

PM me, or just say # x

I'm going to agree with the others and say you concentrate on two to three songs and get them down as perfect as you can. If you can mix and master them just the way you want, without rushing for time or songs, you will all be very happy.

And remember to PM us your stuff when it's down. I'm way down to hear it.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
I rarely hear of any succesfull ug musicians, and by rarely I mean never. Good luck, and post the songs when you finish 'em.