Hi, so recently i was drop c tuning my jackson dinky. http://www.guitarcenter.com/shop/product/Jackson-DK2M-Dinky-Electric-Guitar?full_sku=103814281. double locking Floyd rose. Anyways after tuning My high E broke and my B string was not making anyways noise between frets 10 and 22. So i just restring by adding an E string and im still not getting any sound on those frets. What could be wrong?

thanks
You need to adjust your floyd rose. The tension could be tighter on the higher strings causing them to snap. When you change tunings you should defnititely adjust the floyd rose so the tension is right.
My Gear:
Schecter C1 Hellraiser FR
B-52 AT-100 Half stack
Boss GT-10
Breedlove AD25SR Plus
Yamaha EG112C
Boss Mt-2 Metal Zone
Ibanez Wd-7 wah
Dunlop Gator Grip 2.0, 1.5, 1.14
Quote by Metallica rulz
uhh bump? really need help here please.

Try raising the treble side trem post a quarter turn until you get it where you want it. Sounds like you restrung it and took all the strings off without blocking the trem. Make sure its on the post correctly before doing anything.
Quote by CJRocker
Try raising the treble side trem post a quarter turn until you get it where you want it. Sounds like you restrung it and took all the strings off without blocking the trem. Make sure its on the post correctly before doing anything.

Nah man its weird, i was at my friends house and he was tuning my guitar and then i grabbed it and started playing and i couldnt get a sound of the frets between 10-22 on B and E string. so i went to tune the E back to normal and it broke. and then the B went back to standard tuning and the frets still wornt working. But All ive done so far is replace the E string. So i dont know if it could be the trem. could it?
Quote by Metallica rulz
Nah man its weird, i was at my friends house and he was tuning my guitar and then i grabbed it and started playing and i couldnt get a sound of the frets between 10-22 on B and E string. so i went to tune the E back to normal and it broke. and then the B went back to standard tuning and the frets still wornt working. But All ive done so far is replace the E string. So i dont know if it could be the trem. could it?

Sounds like the trem might of slipped off the post or the post slipped down. I've dealt with this several times, and that tends to be part of the issue. Make sure its on right. If he tuned it down, it could also be the springs aren't adjusted, and thus its leaning so low the strings are hitting the frets, in which case loosen up your springs.
Quote by CJRocker
Sounds like the trem might of slipped off the post or the post slipped down. I've dealt with this several times, and that tends to be part of the issue. Make sure its on right. If he tuned it down, it could also be the springs aren't adjusted, and thus its leaning so low the strings are hitting the frets, in which case loosen up your springs.

alright thanks man, but is this something i can do without opening the backside of the guitar? if not then i can probably look it up online. but if i do have to open it...i might just want to get a repair man?
Quote by Metallica rulz
wow i dont ****ing believe this. i took my Alan wrench and loosened something..took 3 seconds...and its fine... god damn i hate myself

Sounds like the trem post slipped. It happens sometimes. But is the Floyd base plate sitting level with the route? Just making sure raising the post isn't masking the true issue