I was just wondering, I hear people everywhere(real life, internet etc) badmouthing certain places of the United States, for example saying's like: (Don't know if it's true, just repeating what I hear or see on the net to you Uger's) Miami has horrible traffic, California's polluted etc etc, but whenever I hear something about Seattle is nothing but praise. I've been wondering about that for sometime ago but I saw an article on the newspaper today where 1 sports athlete saying it was 1 of the most beautiful places he's ever been.

The question would be why is it so praised? And if it's true its so good, what does Seattle has to offer?(for tourists and people oblivious to everything around them, like me)

Thanks
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
The people who praise Seattle have never been there.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I've lived in Seattle for 17 years... Love it. Its a wonderful city, especially if you like rain. It is the only good city in Washington State though. I encourage you all to visit.
I don't ever really hear anyone talk about Seattle with praise. Aside from Miami traffic, it's a great place to have fun and party with.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Ooh, rainy and cold? I like rainy and cold.

But if you want something bad, I say it's a bit too grungy.
Quote by Dayn
Ooh, rainy and cold? I like rainy and cold.

But if you want something bad, I say it's a bit too grungy.

no such thing
Quote by SleightOfHand
****in right budday! grunge is the shiite!

didnt read ur post tho so dont know what im agreeing to.

Quote by horloko
Good. More centaur pussy for me.

Quote by myearshurt

God bless you GrungeBeatle

I guess my dad lived in Seattle a longass time ago... he said he loved it and wishes to move back.

Quite frankly, all that rain would piss me off.
mmmk.
Quote by atreyu34
wtf what's so great about seattle. It's rainy and cold.

But there is good music

i actually saw on tv that Seattle gets less rain per year than New York City, but people dont consider NYC rainy.

its just because Seattle has overcast skies for like 200 something days out of the year.

but ive always heard good things about it as well. the sports announcers always talk about how nice of a city it is when the Seahawks are on tv.

btw they are my favorite football team, so i very much would like to go to Seattle someday.
I'd love to be cold and see rain constantly, is always sunny and hot out here =(
- Treat people the way you would like to be treated.
- Don't do to others what you wouldn't like others to do to you.
- Live and let live.
- Always tell the truth.
- If someone looks at you, just give them a nice smile they won't soon forget
I think with regards to the rain its just something you get used to. Sunny weather makes me depressed.
I was there in August, and I liked it a lot. When you look out from the tower of the Space Needle, it really is a beautiful sight.
PSN Gamertag: XD75
I love it here. Decent local music scene means theres a decent show at least once a week. The traffic can get pretty bad on I-5 though but that doesnt effect me because I never use the freeway anyway. Lots of music shops, tons of great street preformers and theres the EMP. I hav'nt really been to that many major cities but I have been do San Francisco, LA, Vegas, and out of all of those I would say Seattle definitely gets my vote. Seattle is the only city ive ever been to that I would want to live in and I do so yeah...Seattle def gets kudos from me.
Founder of the EHX Users Guild
My Photography

Quote by Kyle-Rehm
Please don't tell me I'm the only one that clicked this thread thinking I would learn how to make my guitar sound like a grizzly bear.
It sucks, no one move here...

No, actually, it rains, that's the only "bad" thing, although I'm used to it now. It's also pretty humid. Oh, and our sports teams never win championships. The last one was in 1979 by the Sonics (NBA). Nature's great. Mountains, volcanoes, Tropical rain forests, deserts, caves, beaches...it is literally the most naturally diverse state in the union.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.
my friend told me Seattle is depressing and lots of people kill themselves there.
Rainbow
(I'm not gay)
ive lived right outside of seattle my whole life. when i graduate i want to move there. i love going to the city. as for the state, 9 out of the 12 months suck weather wise, but its about 83 degrees and beautiful the other 3. mild though, the rain is gradual. one good thing: hardly any humidity. on the east coast u step outside for a few minutes ur sweating and its harder to breathe. when u step outside here its refreshing. and little pollution, seattle signed the kyoto treaty. I do consider Seattle a great city, but it doesnt have the "hearty" feel like the east coast. its kinda more modern, upbeat, accepting, liberal, asian, etc. idk whenever i go out of state i feel less smart almost. good places to go: seattle center, pike place market for shopping, U district for parties. its like any other city tho, and no its not just all about rain and pearl jam
All of Western Washington is amazing - especially other cities too, such as Vashon Island and Longbeach down south. I live in Kent, which is a suburb of Seattle about 15 miles South of Seattle, I love it here.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by Kartman
All of Western Washington is amazing - especially other cities too, such as Vashon Island and Longbeach down south. I live in Kent, which is a suburb of Seattle about 15 miles South of Seattle, I love it here.

The only thing is we don't want people to move here lol.
Quote by FrenchyFungus
Hey y'all!!! Me and my friend were over at her house. I we were wonder what guys think when they see a hot girl at the mall or whatever walk by. (We're both pretty as y'all would say "blonde" sometimes).

Quote by rabidguitarist
I just look like some homo.