can you put inlays into a neck that comes without them? and how much would a project like that cost?

and, what kinda pickups will give a raw crunching with distortion?
cool thanks, still wondering about the inlays, ive been looking and i cant find inlays anywhere to buy, would they have to be custom made?
to the second question, EMGs hands down baby
Oppression, quiet and Repressed
Swept under the seams
the bed of the acquiesced
where we sleep, insomniac dreams
emgs. just like burn the stars said.
active emgs are the best.but it could cost you a bit bcoz memba u have to get the pickups and the wiring.
yep u cn get inlays. i think it would be costly also.

happy 2 help
yea i wouldnt think about cutting up the neck of my guitar, how much do you think someone would charge me?

any specific model of emg's? i play alot of hardcore and a little punk
Last edited by DirtyMcCurty at Sep 28, 2007,
EMG 81 in the bridge and 85 in the neck probably.

But, for hardcore and punk, maybe the Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB's are your best bet.

Don't listen to me on EMG related stuff, cause i've never tried them, but the Seymour Duncan is pretty high output, and versatile.
Quote by DirtyMcCurty
yea i wouldnt think about cutting up the neck of my guitar, how much do you think someone would charge me?

any specific model of emg's? i play alot of hardcore and a little punk

dont get an emg as suggested above. its more a metal pickup. an emg 89 or 60 might suit you though, but look to seymour duncan if you want punk and hardcore pickups
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Best pickups are ENTIRELY dependent on your amp - EMGs won't do half of what they're supposed to through a solid state amp, and like the last guy said, they aren't really what you'd think of first for punk sounds.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
^ agreed.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by steven seagull
Best pickups are ENTIRELY dependent on your amp - EMGs won't do half of what they're supposed to through a solid state amp, and like the last guy said, they aren't really what you'd think of first for punk sounds.

Exactly.

You'll need a good responsive tube amp for EMG's to couple perfectly.

As for custom inlays, it is possible, id take it to the GB&C forum.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=53

There may be a tutorial on it there, I know there is for lots of customisation.