Page 1 of 2
So I went to see them tonight and everything was fun and **** until Dropkick came out. All the 30 something year old ****ers all of a sudden start shoving everyone of us out of the front and trying to get as close to them as possible. Hell, they were even shoving the younger teenage kids that were less then half there size. From all the shows I've been to, that group is the most asshole of them all. DKM was ****ing amazing, but everyone there made it so much less enjoyable. All they wanted to do was fight people for shoving in the mosh pit and get on stage.

It eventually made me give up and just go to the back so I could enjoy listening to them without those **** fans ****ing around.

Is this common and I haven't been around to enough shows, or were they a bit more on the ****head side?

Oh, and Everybody Out! were really good. I had no idea how fun they were. Horrorpops on the other hand...suck.
Last edited by Chaise Boogie at Sep 28, 2007,
oh ya, all the fans are assholes cuz people pushed you out of the way.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
It's not DKM fans that are like that.

It's just people who play up their irish heritage (or lack of it).

I think that the advent of whiskey, mud huts on the Feadog shore and potato famine cannibalism screwed them up in the head too much.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

It's just people who play up their irish heritage (or lack of it).

Completely agree.

Kids with a great great Irish grandfather thinking they're Oirish get on my nerves.
go in a big group. make friends with all the street punks wearing hard boots and kick their asses
Quote by Chaise Boogie
All they wanted to do was fight people for shoving in the mosh pit and get on stage.

That´s really stupid everybody knows they let the first row on stage in the end, but everyone knows that there are just young women on stage either....

I have a friend who not so much into punk music, but likes pogo, he is nearly as thi as I am (that´s really thin) and not so extremely big either, we went to a DKM-concert and I and a few friends with much more muscles were jumpin around and have fun, he said it´s boring and jumped into every bodybuilder-moshpit, came out and said it´s boring, then he asked "Tom, how does it look closer to the stage", I told him that there are all of these violent skinheads moshing, he said ok and went there....later i saw him again, he said it was great fun, but not really extreme
i'm probly more irish than most DKM fans i still aint irish tho.

canadian proud

oh, and most poseurs are assholes so yeah a DKM show will be full of assholes.
TS has an awesome avater!! and the next guy also

RIG:
Ibanez GSA 60
Ibanez RG4EX1QM
Metal Muff
Jackson DKMGT
GK Backline 210
Vox VT50
Crate XT15R
Ibanez SR400QM
Ibanez GSR 200 bass
Crate B15 bass amp
Lots of Monster cords
It was impossible to get a circle pit going at the DKM show I went to about two weeks ago.

Every time we'd circle up, some fat guys would just throw all 500 pounds of their damn weight at someone and then all hell would break loose.

Good show though. Especially 'cause I got in free!
Realize a lot of the people who act like that at concerts generally don't go to them too often, so they're not going to care about hurting others. When someone actually regularly goes to venues, listens to local music, run into people they know there, etc., they will be decent to others.

I saw DKM a week ago as well. I can't say much about the Horrorpops because they had big technical difficulties. Everybody Out! was great, although I missed part of their set while trying to get in. But yeah, there were a ton of DKM fans that were the brutish college frat guys. What can ya do? They were on the Departed soundtrack, sing about beer, and are proud and open about being irish. It comes with the territory

I thought DKM was fantastic in the end. So I don't mind being suffocated in the process. Haha

EDIT: I got in free too. But it was because they cut admission off at 1400 instead of 1500 like they usually do. A DKM roadie was sympathetic and got me and a friend free VIP passes. Why? Because he ruled at life.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Quote by misfitsdisciple
oh ya, all the fans are assholes cuz people pushed you out of the way.

It's not like there was just 2 or 3, there was tons of them at one time doing it. Every show I've been too there ahve been a few here and there, but it seemed like every fan there was drunk and overly aggressive.
Quote by lavazza
That´s really stupid everybody knows they let the first row on stage in the end, but everyone knows that there are just young women on stage either....

The first time I saw DKM, 25% of the croud got on stage and it was sweet. The second time I saw them, they only let 14 year old girls on stage. I found this rather dissapointing and if DKM are to blame in this situation, I've lost alot of respect for them.

I find myself losing respect for bands because they're sexist quite often, actually. I'm going to run out of bands to actually like pretty soon.

Mabye I should stop being such a feminazi.
You could always just start a band called the Feminazis.

PS.) The anit nowhere leagues roadies are metallica worshipping c*nts, and they only let 22 year old girls onstage for "woman".

But it's OK, because we were taunting the gay all night, and putting our beers next to the monitors... anarchy!

By the end of the night, the guy was close to crying.

Incidentally, I got offered a job as a live sound engineer the other day, but I turned it down. One of my housemates' dads is an ex-tour manager and he has tons of contacts.

Things might actually pan out OK for mr skull**** after all.
Last edited by BrianApocalypse at Sep 28, 2007,
Quote by sargasm
The first time I saw DKM, 25% of the croud got on stage and it was sweet. The second time I saw them, they only let 14 year old girls on stage. I found this rather dissapointing and if DKM are to blame in this situation, I've lost alot of respect for them.

I find myself losing respect for bands because they're sexist quite often, actually. I'm going to run out of bands to actually like pretty soon.

Mabye I should stop being such a feminazi.
What I got from this post is that DKM young girls

I never really listen to them. What I've heard is just okay, fun every once in a while.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I'm not sure if it was DKM's fault or just the security in front of the stage, but appearently that wasn't an isolated incident.
I wouldn't let anyone, 14 years or otherwise, onstage unless they gave me their panties.

I'd have a roadie with a bin bag by the stage door to collect entrance fees.
Quote by element4433
What I got from this post is that DKM young girls

I never really listen to them. What I've heard is just okay, fun every once in a while.

Maybe that's why I got a free pass...

I'm totally kidding. Well whatever floats your boat. I have never seen/heard of them only letting girls on stage. I also know a handful of guys who have been on stage for them more than once. So whatevs
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
I keep missing them when they come here. I don't really listen to them but, it seems like it would be a fun show. I have some friends that are really into them too.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
BA, stop fooling, we all know you've already sold out and started an indie band, don't be ashamed

but yeah, i expect DKM fans to be that retarded, it sucks but, meh.
I think it's funny how they're proud to be Irish, but their unique sound is driven by their bagpipe leads (a Scottish instrument)

/phail

I do like DKM though.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Quote by original=punk
BA, stop fooling, we all know you've already sold out and started an indie band, don't be ashamed

but yeah, i expect DKM fans to be that retarded, it sucks but, meh.

I'm in an indie band?
Good you fixed your sig

Edit: to JesusOfSbrbia
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by BrianApocalypse
I'm in an indie band?

no, i was being weird.

i'm weird, dont ask i make really dumb jokes that arent jokes.
Quote by element4433
Good you fixed your sig

Edit: to JesusOfSbrbia

At first I wasn't sure if it would fit

I love how it's obnoxiously long. Makes me feel important.
I'm the type of nigga that's built to last
If you fuck with me, I'll put my foot in your ass
See, I don't give a fuck cause I keep bailin
Yo, what the fuck are they yellin?!

GANGSTA, GANGSTA
Now its perfect
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

I like DKM, but IMO Flogging Molly puts on a way better show and the fans are much more laid back.

You get the crazies with any band though.
Quote by waterproofpie
Maybe that's why I got a free pass...

I'm totally kidding. Well whatever floats your boat. I have never seen/heard of them only letting girls on stage. I also know a handful of guys who have been on stage for them more than once. So whatevs

Well they started letting people on when they began Kiss Me I'm ****faced, but I noticed that they were only girls. But then at Skinhead On MBwhateverthe****, more then just girls were there.

But I missed out on that, for the whole show I was in front, but then I gave up the fighting to see over the drunk fat asses and I went to the back to drink water and enjoy the music.
Quote by Chaise Boogie
Skinhead On MBwhateverthe****, .

Wouldnt it just be eaiser to write Skinhead On The MBTA instead of your roundabout way
Quote by elchupakneebray
Wouldnt it just be eaiser to write Skinhead On The MBTA instead of your roundabout way

I would if I hadn't forgot the last two letters. I could have just looked on my playlist though, but I didn't care enough. And it's actually MTBA, whatever the **** that even means.
nope its MBTA, massachusetts bay transport authority
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Well then **** my playlist. It's a good song. But I never understood it so I don't sing it or anything.
Everybody Out! Its Sweeny Tods new band, corse they were good, hes from Leeds!
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
I think it's funny how they're proud to be Irish, but their unique sound is driven by their bagpipe leads (a Scottish instrument)

/phail

I do like DKM though.

The Irish, Welsh, and Bretons have bagpipe traditions as well.
Posers are like punks, except they do it for fashion

notUG PUNK FORUM PRESIDENT!
Good thing about 'most' ska shows is you don't get your ass kicked as much, unless you get skank kicked in the ass.
Quote by Chaise Boogie
Good thing about 'most' ska shows is you don't get your ass kicked as much, unless you get skank kicked in the ass.

funny thing is, my friend got more ****ed up in a pit at a Reel Big Fish show than in any other show (including some big metal shows)
Endorsed by Framus Amps

Quote by primusfan
you shoulda lynched that nigger.

*spits in spittoon and feels up his cousin*
Quote by axeslinger01
funny thing is, my friend got more ****ed up in a pit at a Reel Big Fish show than in any other show (including some big metal shows)

People mosh to ska?
Quote by neidnarb11890
People mosh to ska?
Only ass holes do
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano

Quote by neidnarb11890
People mosh to ska?

yeah its kind of sad, especialy when you get a good skank pit going and these guys come in and wreck by pushing everyone. i think they are the same assholes who ruin murphys shows for people
Propaganda does not deceive people; it merely helps them to deceive themselves-Eric Hoffer

Quote by GannonBracewell

CBGB wants to be famous like the others such as Green Day and Offspring. They don't want to be a underground punk band.
Yeah, probably. There's a difference in jumping and pushing around for the sake of getting excited, but just shoving and punching is stupid. I'm a sissy man, and I don't like that kind of thing.
Page 1 of 2