I want to find the radius of my 7 string kramers neck. Unfortunately theres an absolute lack of information about it on the net.

I made some formulas to try and figure it out, but it all assumes that the width of the fretboard is constant(it isn't, since it gets smaller up the neck) and that the neck is always a sector of a circle.

So anyway, how woul I go about finding the radius of the neck?

And if anyones interested, the formula i came up with was: cos(360s/2pi*r)*2r=t
where r is te radius and s is the perimeter of the curved part of the neck and t is the fretboard width.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Last edited by DagMX at Sep 28, 2007,
just find the radius using your formulas at two different points, they should be the same considering it is a Kramer and i believe they default to 16" radius.
Gear:
Carvin Bolt-T -> Line 6 DL-4 -> Danelectro Fish and Chips -> Homemade Fuzz -> Epiphone Valve Junior Combo -> Amplitube and Guitar Rig.
yeah ill try that once i can find a scale, but just wondering if theres a more precise way
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by dave293

thanks a lot...,but this sound noobie, but how do I use it?
just pu the cruved part against my neck?

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Yeah just print and cut them out, put it against your fretboard. When you get one that matches, theres your radius.
Quote by dave293
Yeah just print and cut them out, put it against your fretboard. When you get one that matches, theres your radius.

ah thanks a lot:

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
anyway found it. 16".

Also out of curiosity, I mailed musicyo asking if the LFR is a direct swap for an OFR. They said the mounting dimensions are a little different. Now I was thinking in the event that I cant find a direct replacement, I could fill in the current mounting holes and put in an OFR if the trem breaks or anything like that. Is this possible guys?

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350