I play alot of metal, so awhile back, a I put a DiMarzio Evolution in the bridge of my Hamer Scarab because I heard it was one of the highest output pickups short of going active. Then I read in Guitar World that D-activators were the highest output available outside of actives.

So my question is, Is it worth it to get a D-activator for my new bridge pickup, or will it not make much difference in tone from my evolution? any help is appreciated!
Tonally it will be very different. I doubt you'd hear a huge increase in output, but the tone would be more like an EMG 81.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
From my understanding, the D-activator was created to be a passive pick-up that sounds like an active pick-up.
.(....\................/....)
. \....\............. /..../
...\....\.........../..../
....\..../´¯.l.¯`\..../
..../... l....l....(¯ `\
...l......l....l.....\....\
...l......l´¯.l´¯.l \....\
...\......` ¯..¯ ´......?
....\__________.?
i saw a video of the d-activator on youtube and it was in a mahogany guitar and still had a ****load of treble, i love a lot of treble and it still sounded far too bright IMO

EDIT: and you shouldnt have the attitude that "i want to play metal therefore i need the highest output pickup available" because that is completely incorrect