In My Time Of Dying is an awsome and have sused out how to play bits of the song. But what i did realise that people on the inet that have also sused this song out, have done it in a different tuning. Suchas an Open A or now an open G. I have seen people play this song and they dont play everything perfect. The last note on the intro is a C note which jimmy page plays as a chord, but i have seen in the A tunning people do a bar on the 4th or 5th fret to get the chord.

I myself have played this in a standard tunning and with a change on the pick up sound it sounds the same. But i now wonder what tuning is actually right. The A tuning does not tottaly convicnce me. Apart of me says its rite because of many people play it in this tuning and the other part tells me that not all the riff is the way jimmy pages plays it, only the way i play it in a standard tuning.

The rain song shown on sites that it is tuned to another tuning, but i have played it in standard tuning with the exeact same position pages plays it.

Whos right or wrong??
You're wrong. In My Time Of Dying was originally recorded in open A, but live Page played it tuned in open G. You're hearing it wrong if you think it sounds the same in standard tuning, the D, G and B strings are common with an open G chord, which means you can play it in standard if you use those strings only and mute the others, but you won't get the full spectrum of the chords like you do in open tunings.

There is no way that you'd be able to play Rain Song in standard tuning in the exact same position and have it sound the same, because most of the strings are tuned a full step down except for the G.
Quote by Dirge Humani
Quote by Grundy0
Do you have any idea what your talking about? Because i can't understand half of what your saying and i think you are possibly clinically insane
Welcome to The Pit.

^
You're wrong. In My Time Of Dying was originally recorded in open A, but live Page played it tuned in open G. You're hearing it wrong if you think it sounds the same in standard tuning, the D, G and B strings are common with an open G chord, which means you can play it in standard if you use those strings only and mute the others, but you won't get the full spectrum of the chords like you do in open tunings.

There is no way that you'd be able to play Rain Song in standard tuning in the exact same position and have it sound the same, because most of the strings are tuned a full step down except for the G.

With the open G and A tuning, what would happen if i tight the strings up to the next whole note. Would they snap??