So i manged to break the cheapo volume pot on my black Russian Muff, I know, I know. Shocker, right? So in my boredom, I have decided to re-house the damn thing, replace the cheap pots, and also add a Boss-style AC jack. As this is my first pedal mod, I do have a few Q's for the pros here.

A.) What can I use as standoffs for the PCB? I do plan on using the in and out jacks, not feeling brave enough to de-solder and replace those yet.
B.) Does the 1590NS enclosure have enough room to house the Muff?
http://pedalpartsplus.com/mm5/graphics/00000001/1590%203%20Knob.jpg
C.) Where the bloody hell do I mount a battery holder, and how?
D.) Do these come with a bottom cover, or must I make one?

Pics to follow in the morning.
Ok. Finally got a pic of the damn thing, can't seem to get the screwdriver to grip the crappy screws in the top. Any ideas guys? Also working on a GIMP mockup of the final re-house, and starting the stripping of my ESP (another thread).

For now, just gonna do the follwing:

black paintjob
inverted pentagram graphic in 3-pack chameleon paint
new neutrik in/out jacks
AC power jack
new 100k pots
new knobs

swap the red LED for a purple or UV LED
You realize a UV LED won't emit visible light?

And how big is the board in the muff?
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
^lol at above. I'm assuming that you mean a black-light, and if you find one in LED form, you must tell us where to get one!

But yeah, i have the russian muff, and i love the tone that comes out of it, and hate the size of the case. If you're re-housing it anyways, have you thought of adding a small and simple booster before the muff circuit? i've always felt my muff lacked some punch, and feel like a good treble or mid booster might push it in the right direction.
^that's some hotass pickup right there.

21k is insanity.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard