yo ppl

whenever i play powerchords i use my index and pinky.
but when the frets get closer together i change to my index and the 3rd finger.

is this normal?
Empty Space
always use ring plus inderx no matter where
and also, when you add the octave on (ie 3 note power chord)
then you add the pinky on
the middle finger is there for muting strings above it
for eg if ur playing a A5 on the open a string
ur middle finger goes up and mutes the low E string
It doesn't matter what finger you use for the powerchord's. I know people who use Pinky, and people who use 2nd and some who use 3rd. dw about what you use.

Unless your doing what he said ^^
It's fine, whatever is comfortable for you is fine, don't worry about what is "normal".
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
yeah i use my index and pinky and its been workin' out fine for me.When i have to mute a string,like say to play a D to D on the A and G strings i just lay my index finger across the D string.
I get a 3 tone chord with my index and pinky

I just take two with the pinky

it helps it has been broken twice
Power Chords are awesome. As awesome as a goat standing on the back of a cow.

Number two poster is right. At least for me he is. As long as it sounds good and it's comfortable for you, do whatever you want.
Quote by kriscornella2@g
I know i wish i was as cool as you and be into Sum 41 and Taking back Sunday. Gaylord.

Quote by civildp1
you should call one of the songs, "Respecting Old People" just to mix things up.

Quote by вяaи∂ иєw
You just made a very powerful enemy BenFoffenbock.
Last edited by BenFoffenbock at Sep 28, 2007,
yeah whatever is most natural to you. I mainly use first and ring finger, sometimes i switch to first and pinky though if the frets are more than 3 apart.
“If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?”
- Scott Adams

No they don't, and UG is proof...