So I finally got my wah pedal and im super amp'd (no pun intended) so I start to play, and as more time goes by I get more and more let down. It seems to me that the wah has weak mid-range and even less bass response. Sure the treble response is decent, but thats lame as a whole. Also I tried it with distortion and there wah doesn't seem to push through the distortion at all. Something to note is that im using the built-in distortion from my 20w crate amp. Ill be getting a Big Muff Pi in the mail soon though.

So what im asking is if this is normal or is it my amp, or do I need a compressor or an equalizer? How much would it cost to have the wah modded? I would be looking to increase bass response, midrange response and have it sweep smoother. Any help would be appreciated.
there are mods that can be done that will make it sound a lot better. if you don't want it or dont want to bother modding it, PM me and i might be able to take it off your hands. But only if its a V847, not a V847A.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Squier Classic Vibe Tele
Fulltone Clyde Wah
Fulltone OCD
Fulltone Deja Vibe
Fuzz Factory
Carbon Copy

Boutique Marshall-Style 50watt amp head
Orange 2x12
Use the clean channel and see what its like.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
nah the amp is decent considering its a 20watt solid state, and my setup is just guitar to wah to amp. Its like theres no depth to the wah its like wah and I desire WAOWAOWA
Are you sure this isn't the "A" version? Keep in mind the Vox is more of a vintage wah so I wouldn't expect to cut through a lot of gain.
^^ A Crate solid state = probably not decent. And Whole Lotta Led's right- it's not going to sound good with gain at all.
Quote by LuisWahWah
nah the amp is decent considering its a 20watt solid state, and my setup is just guitar to wah to amp. Its like theres no depth to the wah its like wah and I desire WAOWAOWA

20 watt solid state crate = teh suck.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.