What my problem with that you may ask?

There's a total of nine main chapters in it

After 7 hours playing [3 last night, 4 today] i'm at the end of the 7th chapter

So by average i'll have it done in 2 more hours, so i've stopped playing for the meanwhile to give me time

WTF

I'm not rushing it, i'm paying attention to the story and looking in every little corridor/nook and cranny and i've nearly finished a £40 game that's been in the works for 3 years and is ridiculously hyped up

Thats annoying
Heh, you bought Halo 3 for the singleplayer...?

And, console FPS games aren't usually that long. 10 hours is pretty average, actually.
I know they went down to about 10 hours a few years ago, but lately they've been improving alot, FEAR and Bioshock all took 15-20 hours and stuff

But yeah i will be playing it online [although i'm still adament it's not all its hyped up to be]

I guess being raised on pc shooters didnt help me
^ True, but still, i'm sure you'd rather a longer singleplayer, like 15-20 hours or so
I mean, something zelda length, which is 50 hours would just get boring but yeah something remarkable would be cool
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Masterchief Dies!

OH LOLOL BECUASE ALL THE PROMO ADVERTS DIDN'T HINT THAT THATS WHAT HAPPENS WITH HIM ARMING GRANDES WHILST BEING HELD ALOFT DEAD OR SOME CRAP

Really, i'm not that fussed what the hell happens
Quote by Slipping_Away
Heh, you bought Halo 3 for the singleplayer...?

And, console FPS games aren't usually that long. 10 hours is pretty average, actually.

uhhh, no not really. Farcry and Half Life 2 are examples of games that take about twice as long as that for most people
I've only played (and completed) Halo2 when i borrowed my mates Xbox years ago. I'm getting H3 tomorrow. Just for the multiplayer really.
Pfft, overhyped in my opinion. Halo 2 was crap.
Heck, 10 hours is ****ing short. I prefer long games, you get more for your money. plus PC games have free online play

as for whoever said Zelda was 50 hours, it does depend on a) how often you play b) the game itself. for example, it took me forever to complete wind waker the first time. now it takes me around 7 hours for just the storyline!
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
hey does MC really die in this one?
Quote by Plus_the_Bear

Electric Wizard owns.

Quote by MrDURPEEDURP
electricwizard_ wins at common sense!!!

92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this in your sig.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
Pfft, overhyped in my opinion. Halo 2 was crap.
Heck, 10 hours is ****ing short. I prefer long games, you get more for your money. plus PC games have free online play

as for whoever said Zelda was 50 hours, it does depend on a) how often you play b) the game itself. for example, it took me forever to complete wind waker the first time. now it takes me around 7 hours for just the storyline!

Lol well i meant like ocarina of time and twilight princess, but yeah it will deff be shorter if you know what to do

But Halo is the most undeservedly overhyped game series ever
It's average at best, and i'm on the last chunk of it now
Last edited by philipisabeast at Sep 28, 2007,
Quote by MaxLees666
Halo SUCKS BALLS

Why enter a Halo thread then ass-hat.

I'm going to see if I can get an xbox 360 when i'm paid, but i'm not just buying it for Halo 3, there's plenty of other good games out there.

Plus I've already seen the entire game played, and seen the ending, which was a disappointment imo.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
3 of us completed it in 6 hours or so on Heroic, i was well impressed by the gameplay...all the kinks from the beta had been sorted and improved for the campaign.

The ending was like WTF? at first but after the credits it made a nice return to the origin of the halo games. Top class game, now to get into the multiplayer.
^ And you just spoiled it for everyone

EDIT: Although not for me, i just finished
Last edited by philipisabeast at Sep 28, 2007,
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Masterchief Dies!

Can anyone else not read anything about halo, and the character, without constantly thinking "Master Chef, Master Chef, Master Chef"?
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by olif8
He doesn't die anyway so STFU.

Everyone thinks he's dead but he actually freezes himself and they send out a stress signal, so he'll eventually be found, therefore a good way for all the asshats at Microsoft to have yet another sequel, even though everyone is convinced there won't be. There will.

There, I said it.

Stop lying you fool!

Master Chief kills the Arbiter after destroying the High Charity, since The Arbiter attempted to betray Master Chief while escaping on the Frigate.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by meh!
Can anyone else not read anything about halo, and the character, without constantly thinking "Master Chef, Master Chef, Master Chef"?

I mistyped my 'gamertag', as it were, on PS2 online as "Masterchef" (this was a good few years ago).
Quote by alliwant

No he doesn't you tool...

Oh shush, I don't play the game, and I don't watch the adverts or know anybody who does, it's hard ruining the ending for a game you know nothing about.
I'm confused as to what the ending is
Well not so much, but what the hell was that thing with the masterchief with a grenade being held aloft dead in all those pre-release video/films about?
^ Yeah, i know about the legendary ending being the part he was in floating towards to a populated city which is a continuation of the clip after the credits