I have been a slobbering Yairi fan for years and just want to see how many people share the same love. I don't think there is a better brand of acoustic on the market today at least not in national brands. Independent luthiers are a whole different monkey. I have a 1991 Yairi DY61 and a DY91C. I also used to have an ADY1 Ani DiFranco model but had to give it up from too many problems with the store I bought it at. I had a local guy who owns a non-dealer guitar shop tell me "Yairis are the Lexus of guitars". I truly believe that. I swore when I was looking for a new guitar I was going to find something different. After playing walls of high end Martins, Gibsons, and Taylors it became all the more clear to me. You don't get any better than a Yairi. Let me know how many of you out there play them. I would love to hear the stories behind them. Thanks!
Can't say i've ever seen one. Sorry!!
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..
Quote by Yellowcake
"Yairis are the Lexus of guitars".

They're overpriced, unreliable and forever living in the shadow of Mercedes and Audi?
Prefer my taylor over a yairi and yes i have played them before.
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor GS Big Leaf Maple/ Sitka Spruce
haha yea taylor is tough to beat. i can relate with you, Matic.
Proud Owner of a 2006 Taylor 814 CE-Fall Limited Edition

Quote by MiasmA
guys, i got it. pucture = the rare breed of green fruits that tend to laugh scoffingly and then question a statement. AKA lolwut pears

CASE CLOSED..