Yep so i saw this guitar laying around in music class and asked the teacher to give me , he said "No way , its the schools guitar , i cant just give it to you"

Well today like a couple of months later they are changing classrooms and me and my bud get called to the classroom.
They are like " We are trowing these out *points at this ibanez and a bass* you can have them if you want."

I came .

So i obviously took this one .

Anyway .
All i know is that :
Its made in October 1985
it has a strat tremolo but almost floating
2 humbuckers 3 way switch
the knobs are also buttons ( coil splits i guess)
Can it be 2 volume knobs ?
missing output jack
missing tremolo springs.
Im not going to sell it , but what value does it have ?

Heres some pics i took real quick with my mobile phone.

Last edited by Evil_Magician at Sep 28, 2007,
Wow i just read up a bit about em.
And i happen to have the model that has the best bolt on neck ever made.

Ok never mind dudes , i found out that if these where for sale today (the 1985 and lower models) they would cost atleast 500 bucks.
Last edited by Evil_Magician at Sep 28, 2007,
Well i didnt say that , but it said so in a colectors page.
Anyway it has got jumbo frets and it feels so nice.
Its the same neck that was also used on MIJ strats.

Damn im lucky , its the last Roadstar that was realy good . Right after 1985 Ibanez changed factories and the later roadstars werent as good.
Quote by Evil_Magician
Well i didnt say that , but it said so in a colectors page.
Anyway it has got jumbo frets and it feels so nice.
Its the same neck that was also used on MIJ strats.

Damn im lucky , its the last Roadstar that was realy good . Right after 1985 Ibanez changed factories and the later roadstars werent as good.

Ibanez never changed factories after '85. Their home factory has always been Fujigen, in Japan. That's where that thing is made. It's probably something like RS225, and if it was shiny new and had a case, it'd be worth $400 tops (to someone who really likes Roadstars).

I assure you, a mighty lot of them are on sale today. They're very nice guitars that'll last another lifetime, but don't hold any ambitions of uniqueness or collectability as far as that one goes.

Oh, and you have a nice phone camera.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Now thats a nice looking headstock!
Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

[quote="'']Congratulations! You have won the award for the most irrelevant thing ever said in a thread!
Yeah ok.

Well i love this guitar and its awesome to have an old guitar from the 80s.

Its almost a strat but the awesome headstock and the extra curves on the body make it realy awesome.
Love the colour too, what is it called ?
Quote by Evil_Magician
Yeah ok.

Well i love this guitar and its awesome to have an old guitar from the 80s.

Its almost a strat but the awesome headstock and the extra curves on the body make it realy awesome.
Love the colour too, what is it called ?
It's something like Cosmic Blue.

I agree, those Roadstars have a very comfortable body shape. The pickups are probably Super 70s. Metal won't fly too well with them, but they're very nice as far as medium output pickups go.

Don't forget to get a new pickguard for it - there are plenty of custom-made Roadstar pickguards floating on ebay.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
To be honest, I've seen some Roadstars with locking trems go around $400 here, but those tend to go around $250-$300. Though in Sweden, its probably worth around $400 USD or so. But the value of te guitar does not mean its bad. My Charvel has a value of $175, but its one of the sweetest playing guitars I've come across.