Hi guys,

I just got a beautiful BC Rich Dragons Blood Red Mockingbird neck thru NJ Series with cloud inlays, Floyd Rose and Seymour Duncans. I paid only $280.00, it's used but in mint condition. I think it is a deal. The previouse owner blocked the tremelo with two small blocks of wood that I will remove as soon as I get it home.

I was wondering if anyone has one of these. I checked it out and I really thought it was a nice ax for the money. The only problem is they just got it in and I have to wait 5 days before I can pick it up. So I can't post any pics at this time. I wanted a brand new BC Rich Special, Guitar Center was selling for $390.00 but I waited too long and someone grabbed it.

John
Last edited by johnro6659 at Sep 28, 2007,
You lucky bastard

whats the point of this thread
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
pics!!!
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
nice, the NJs are awesome. i'm currently GASing for a classic exotic mockingbird with a spalted maple veneer
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
I pick it up Monday and I'll post pics as soon as I get it home. It just came into the store a couple days before I grabbed it so the law says they have to hold on to it for so many days just in case it's hot. I paid for it and it's on layaway until Mon so it's mine.

I posted this to see what anyone might think. I felt it was a good deal but wasn't sure. I was also hoping to see if anyone had one. I was going to wait to buy it but I was sure it wouldn't last long at the price they were asking. I got them down a bit plus they thru in a new set of strings and gig bag. The guy I got it from said he could give me a good deal on a Coffin case for it. When I go back I am giong top see what he can give me the case for.

Splatted maple looks great. I have been searching for saome good venners I can do some guitar tops with.
I wish they didnt use Nato instead of mahogony.That would some of thier guitars way awesome.
holy **** thats gorgeous and i just **** myself
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
That looks like a nice find man! Wish I had one now...

I had(have) a lower end BC Rich, and it is/was horrible. It's kind of scared me away from the brand....but I think that beauty could bring me back!
Knowledge speaks, but wisdom listens.

When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace.

-Jimi Hendrix-

Quote by CodySG
You know you're in the drug thread when you see pictures of squash and "tuna nigga!" when you click the page.
Nice guitar, but I can think of at least one place where they money could have been better spent...
Thanks guys, I have been looking at it and realized there is no locking nut on the guitar. I always thought that was standard with the Floyd Rose.

John
Just a little update on my Mockingbird.

After a while I figured out why I got this guitar so cheap. The original owner messed up the LFR trem by blocking it and then trying to adjust it striping out the pivot screws. I brought it to my luthier and he had a better quality used LFR trem in his parts bin. He replaced it set it up all for $65.00. Now, I thought the guitar played well and sounded great before I had it repaired. When I got it home it was 100% better. It plays like a dream now and just sounds so much better. Jim, my repairman said he loved the guitar and he said "I play a lot of guitars in this bussiness and that Mockinbrid was one of the better ones I played." After I got it home I knew exactly what he meant. So in all I am into the guitar for $280.00 and put $65.00 into it for a total of $345.00 still a deal in my book. It came with already 2 duncans installed.

John
I consider myself a bit of a BC Rich 'boffin'(sp). I have seen and played quite a lot of them, and that is one of the most beautiful guitars I have seen in ages/ever.
Grats on your awesome find.
**** son how many guitars do you have? are all the cases behind the mockingbird filled? are they yours more importantly?

and that is a sexy mockinbird i wanna pick up the neckthru stringthru version with a black gloss finish.... not trems for me but hey to each his own! great deal too!
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
I love this guitar myself. When I saw it hanging on the wall at Guitar Center I forgot all about the one I actually went there to buy. This one was a little over$100.00 less and IMHO a lot better looking than the ebony special X Mockingbird I wanted. I asked the guy what would be the lowest they could go and they took off a little more and with the tax.

They are all mine except for one I am redoing for my nephew. I have about 30 in all. 26 working 4 or 5 I am either rebuiding or refinishing. There is nothing vintage in my collection unless you consider a couple old Hondos and an Aria bass. The rest are between 12 years old and newer. I actually have two guitars coming soon an Epiphone Les Paul that needs work I won on Ebay for $66.00 and an acoustic/electric my gf Stacy is buying me for Christmas. I get carried away when I collect somthing. LOL
Back when I was really into and collecting Gibsons I had 20+ LPs a few Explorers, Vs, a Firebird, 2 Melody Makers a LP Triumph bass and a couple other odd Gibsons as well as a couple other brand name guitars guitars I liked at the time. I sold them all off when I lost interest with the exception of the STING and Aria bass they didn't have much value then. Right now I am gutting a room and converting it to a music room where they will all hang on the wall for display. I have most of my guitars pictured on my My Space page. I have a couple I haven't added as of yet.

John
http://www.myspace.com/johnro6659