all i ask is for 1 thing that happened in europe that involved canada,i got the
Second Battle of Passchendaele, vimy ridge and trench warfare and 3 things that happened to canada at home, like the halifax explosion. plz let there be some UGers who know canadian history
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci
why are metal musicians prone to fatness?
Cause there music is heavy.

Writing music is hard D:
Passchendaele is a pretty major one, Just write more on that.

Unless you need a specific number. I'll go look at my old History notes
canada had absolutely no effect on ww1 or anything else for that matter
project over
Quote by Aldenté
Passchendaele is a pretty major one, Just write more on that.

Unless you need a specific number. I'll go look at my old History notes

i need 4 at the battlefront and 4 in canada, i so far got 3 for batles and 1 for home

Quote by mercen11ary
project over

well, thanks to canada, your speaking english right now, we were the first country to take land from the germans, britan and france failed pretty horribly
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci

Writing music is hard D:
EDIT: Heres some more from further down the page, its a bit more relevant

This effect was even greater in Canada. Canadians proved they were a nation and not merely subjects of a distant empire. Indeed, following the Battle of Vimy Ridge, many Canadians began to refer to Canada as a nation "forged from fire". Canadians had proved themselves on the same battlefield where the British and French had previously faltered, and were respected internationally for their accomplishments. Canada entered the war as a Dominion of the British Empire, but when the war came to a close, Canada emerged as a fully independent nation. Canadian diplomats played a significant role in negotiating the Versailles Treaty. Canada was an independent signatory of the treaty, whereas other Dominions were represented by Britain. Canadians commemorate the war dead on Remembrance Day. In French Canada, however, the conscription crisis of 1917 left bitterness in its wake.[/
Last edited by Aldenté at Sep 28, 2007,
I don't know. My history isn't bad, but really, World War I was meaningless, vicious destruction, and there's really no justification for it, and it's really not that interesting. Just disappointing really.
Quote by Meths
Really, it's quite gutting that we'll all be dead by the time the earth is entirely underwater because I really want to stick your head underwater while standing on Everest and say "if sea levels aren't rising, HOW COME YOU'RE DYING?!"
^ true but without it, britan would still have some control over us
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci

Writing music is hard D:
Quote by Phillitalian
i need 4 at the battlefront and 4 in canada, i so far got 3 for batles and 1 for home

well, thanks to canada, your speaking english right now, we were the first country to take land from the germans, britan and france failed pretty horribly

Shh.

English FTW, because they INVENTED English.

yeeeaah!!
I would say the freeing of the Netherlands for a battle in Europe, because Canadians were put in charge of that campaign. For the home front I would say the French got more hostile, women were allowed to vote, and Canadian people began showing a sense of nationalism and sense of cultural identity. Research them all more in-depth haha
i love you st. stephen, your like, an angel that gave me an answer to the hardest question ever. what was the name of that battle btw?
Quote by cakeandpiemofo
Quote by tuwyci

Writing music is hard D:
lol, everyone knows canada wsn discoverd til 1975.

lol
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
How about the battle of Ypres in 1915? First use of poison gas and all that jazz?
you could include the fact that newfoundland was seperate during the war.
Quote by mercen11ary
project over

An extremely large proportion of all British Empire troops were from our colonies. I will look up how many came from Canada in a moment in my old history boooooook...

EDIT: **** it, I cannay find it but anyway... yeah YOU SMELL.
Last edited by MadClownDisease at Sep 30, 2007,
Quote by mercen11ary
project over

Yeah, and the Americans like to take credit for wars they didn't win.

WW2, for example. Russia won that war for us, not the U.S.
if you're looking for things that happened at home, you could include the strife between Quebec and English speaking Canada on their willingness to go to war, the treatment of First Nations People, and Black Canadians in the military, the changing of the city name of Berlin, Ontario to Kitchener, and the internal political strife between the liberal and conservative governments over the war
Quote by mercen11ary
project over

If you knew any history at all, you'd know canada was regarded as the toughest army in the war...

And do the creeping barrage thingy
Quote by st.stephen
I would say the freeing of the Netherlands for a battle in Europe, because Canadians were put in charge of that campaign. For the home front I would say the French got more hostile, women were allowed to vote, and Canadian people began showing a sense of nationalism and sense of cultural identity. Research them all more in-depth haha

lol, the netherlands never took part in ww1, they remained neutral during the entire conflict
Quote by Archaon
Yeah, and the Americans like to take credit for wars they didn't win.

WW2, for example. Russia won that war for us, not the U.S.

I don't know many Americans who take credit for winning the war in Europe, we just helped with D-Day and the bombing of German cities. Mostly we just talk about how we won the Pacific Theatre by ourselves (we did have help I didn't mean it to be that egotistical).
My Rig:
Ibanez RVX 220DX
Vox Valvetronix 30watt
Quote by Sirlancelot42
I don't know many Americans who take credit for winning the war in Europe, we just helped with D-Day and the bombing of German cities. Mostly we just talk about how we won the Pacific Theatre by ourselves (we did have help I didn't mean it to be that egotistical).

Funny, because most Americans I know believe they took down Hitler single-handedly.

Not to mention Hollywood makes it seem like the U.S. was the ultimate good-guy country that saved everyone and killed all evil in just about every war movie that they've made.
Quote by Archaon
Funny, because most Americans I know believe they took down Hitler single-handedly.

Not to mention Hollywood makes it seem like the U.S. was the ultimate good-guy country that saved everyone and killed all evil in just about every war movie that they've made.

Mostly it's just propaganda and do you honestly believe everything Hollywood puts out? Some people do think that we did single-handedly take out Hitler and there's some who'll think that Britain/Canada/Russia..etc took him out single-handedly. Those of us that actually did our research know that without the work we did together it would have ended differently, although the Soviet's did do a considerable amount more than everyone else in Europe.
My Rig:
Ibanez RVX 220DX
Vox Valvetronix 30watt
Quote by mercen11ary
project over

I'm going to ask you this once; are you sure about that?
Quote by Sirlancelot42
Mostly it's just propaganda and do you honestly believe everything Hollywood puts out?

...No.

Wasn't that my point?
Quote by mercen11ary
project over

Canadians did more than Americans during WWI, you guys joined in the last year
Quote by TnT~55

They have a habit for that.
Quote by TnT~55

Then again us Canadians didn't have much say in the issue.
go for the subtle stuff like, the involvement of women in the war who stayed in canada and all that stuff, cant go wrong with the women thing, if you do then your teacher's a sexist and deserves to be raped by a truck.
Quote by mercen11ary
project over

Fail. (PS. STFU.)
Quote by mercen11ary
project over

LOL win!