I've been trying to find an accoustic bass with an offset hole on the internet, and can't b/c I don't know their official name, what are they called?
Quote by kaptink
tacoma thunderchief?

/thread

Mic Todd plays one so it must be the perfect acoustic bass.

Actually, was't there a BOTM a few months back of a really awesome acoustic bass with an offset soundhole that wasn't a Thunderchief?
Quote by Sizzleby
I could watch your avatar for hours.
Quote by thewho65
It's official: apparently, the U.K. is a nation of trolls.

ORANGE AMPLIFIERS Endorser and Proud.
http://www.warwickbass.com/basses/alien.html

There is always that funky looking thing
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
Quote by RIC4003
http://www.warwickbass.com/basses/alien.html

There is always that funky looking thing

Y'know how I said I hate Warwicks and would never play one? I lied, that's beautiful!!
Quote by Sizzleby
Quote by thewho65

It was the Thunderchief in that BOTM. It's the only ABG worth playing. That Warwick is short-scale and is, oh, 3 times the price of the Tacoma.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by thefitz
It was the Thunderchief in that BOTM. It's the only ABG worth playing. That Warwick is short-scale and is, oh, 3 times the price of the Tacoma.

Then let's refer back to my previous statement... >.> <.< >.>
Quote by Sizzleby
Quote by thewho65

Quote by Felkara
Then let's refer back to my previous statement... >.> <.< >.>

Oh, my glasses weren't on and I misread it. I thought you were saying it wasn't the Thuderchief.

But yes, the Tacoma has a patented bracing system which results in it's loud tone. The Warwick may have something similar, but it's price and 32" scale are major disadvantages over the Tacoma.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Last edited by thefitz at Sep 28, 2007,