Is it easy to get it off of a guitar?

I wanted to give my sg special to a store used, for a little extra money, and then buy an agile, but i can't right now because there's permanent marker on the back xD

I was wondering if there was a household item that would be useful for something like this..
Thanks in advance!
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Schecter PT Custom w/ Dimarzio crunch lab/liquifire
Marshall JCM2000 DSL+Orange 4x12
Orange Tiny Terror+Mesa Electra Dyne 2x12
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Nail polish remover. Though careful not to damage the finish. I'd put a little bit on a ball of cotton, and rub it off. Don't do this in a bathroom, closet, or other closed space, as the fumes can get overwhelming.

I've heard of people using lighter fluid, but i've never tried it myself.
Last edited by GoodGod at Sep 28, 2007,
alright, thanks!
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
I usually use a white eraser. Those rectangle ones with no writing on it. I got a bunch of peranent marker off of a bass like that but it kinda ruins the gloss on the finish but you may be able to buff it out for all I know. Works though.
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
No chemical you use will completely spare the finish. I would try the eraser first. If it doesn't work then the nail polish. What kind of an idiot would put marker on a good guitar?
dammit, i thought this was some sorta call out
"Marty Friedman > You" Club.

Quote by CoreysMonster

Buy the toilet Hendrix crapped in for the full "Jimi Hendrix Experience"

PM me if you think my drummer looks like angry kid

so far 61 people think he looks like angry kid
Quote by uldhppi
No chemical you use will completely spare the finish. I would try the eraser first. If it doesn't work then the nail polish. What kind of an idiot would put marker on a good guitar?

At the music store I go to they take in a lot of used guitars and I've seen someone go so far as to scratch their name into the back of the neck. The bass I traded in was left to the mercy of kids that like drawing on **** luckily the bass was black
Quote by Jearl

...dont play Fender just because its Fender.

Gear:
Ibanez SZ520QM
Peavey Rotor EXP
Squier Bullet (heavily modified)
Mesa Roadster Head & 2x12 cab
Should give the little darlings a hammer and some sandpaper. Nothing like a reliced $2000 guitar.
Quote by uldhppi

it's not a gibson sg...
it's one of those starter epiphones that goes for $100...
also, thanks, I'll try out the eraser thing now
Gear:
Fender CP Jazzmaster
Boss TU-2/NS-2/DD-6
Maxon OD808

MY BAND!
Quote by CM_X5
At the music store I go to they take in a lot of used guitars and I've seen someone go so far as to scratch their name into the back of the neck. The bass I traded in was left to the mercy of kids that like drawing on **** luckily the bass was black

lol..........
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Hey there before you use nail polish remover try one of those Mr Clean Magic Erasers
I was trying to do the exact same thing and my wife came downstairs heard me cursing like a sailor on shore leave.Once she saw what the fuss was about she ran to the closet and brought me back one of those.To my surprise it worked like a charm.I didnot even have to wet it just rubbed it on the guitar with very little pressure and voila like it never even happened.So far I have not seen any adverse reactions on the finnish and its been about 2 weeks now.
YA GOTTA HIT IT ON THE ONE
pics of gear updated on profile 11/16/09
I think if you write over it with a dry erase marker, it should come right off if you wipe it.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
If all else fails! get one of those white board markers, the ones which rub off witha duster or cloth...write over the bits with perma marker and rub it off with a wee bit of force it should come off without getting eraser dust into any crevaces =P
Quote by Novical
If all else fails! get one of those white board markers, the ones which rub off witha duster or cloth...write over the bits with perma marker and rub it off with a wee bit of force it should come off without getting eraser dust into any crevaces =P

Quote by FacingUsAll
I think if you write over it with a dry erase marker, it should come right off if you wipe it.

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.