Do strings really make any difference on tone? I usually use elixers 10 sets, but ive been looking at some chrome flatwound. does it really make a difference at all?

I play a squier strat through a vox ad15vt, and occasionally mess around with a zoom g1x multi effects. I realize my gear needs an upgrade, but im looking to achieve tone with anything i can no matter how small.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'
Elixiers are great for acoustic but not always the best choice for electric. Flatwounds are favored by jazz players and with a Squier I would assume you are not a jazzer. For goood rock strings, try GHS or Ernie Ball. Get a set with some beef to the high strings for really good tone. 12's have always been good to me. And yes, strings can make all the difference in tone.
Strings can make a difference depending on the material there made of and there gauge. But imo nothing makes more of a difference than a new amp
I play mainly blues, but I branch out into flamenco, jazz, metal, pink floyd.
Quote by el-ECTRO
you again

damn i could've done a much better response for ntchode 'Owner of UGs hugest penis'