HI im relatively new to this site, as i joined ages ago but have never posted. But i'd like some advice. I'm self taught and have bein playin for three ears now on an Aria strat. I fancy treatin myself to somethin new. I have always wanted a telecaster but i also like the epiphone les paul. I have a budget of £300. I have read the reviews on both the Epiphone Les Paul Standard and the Fender Lite Ash Telecaster but i cant decide which i'd prefer. I play a mixture of music from blues to punk, which i know would suit the telecaster. but i also like to play some good rough sounding heavy rock and garage music which would suit the epiphone more. Can anyone tell me what they think would be best suited?
crappy one with no make. But im lookin into buyin a MG30 DFX or a Fender frontman15R dependin on how much funds i have.
i would buy a better amp first because i know that an amp affects alot of your tones.
so buy a good amp and then a good guitar is what i say. i cant help you on amps though because i know nothing at all about amps, sorry
Quote by pucci6d6
i would buy a better amp first because i know that an amp affects alot of your tones.
so buy a good amp and then a good guitar is what i say. i cant help you on amps though because i know nothing at all about amps, sorry

^^I love this post. You cant recomend something that you dont know anything about. Thats just sayin what everyones told you.

Anyway, get the epiphone. The humbuckers are cover more styles of music than the single coils.

As for an amp, a good amp will make a difference to sound, but aria guitars are terrible and I think a better guitar would make all the more difference overall.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
1: don't get an MG. they suck. Ditto the frontman. roland cube 30 or vox valvetronix ad15/30vt instead.

2: how about a washburn x50 pro? it's a super-strat shape, but is mahogany -bodied with a mahogany neck, so will get somewhat close to Les Paul tones, and it also has coil-splits on the humbuckers wired to a push-pull pot, so you can get something approaching telecaster tones too. That's what I'd do- best of both worlds (though obviously won't be just as authentic for the telecaster tones). Seymour Duncan pickups too.

Great value in the UK, £300 on gak. That's what I'd do anyway.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I agree with Dave. That Washburn sounds interesting. Washburn makes some good qualilty guitars. Definitely going to be versatile. I think the Cube is going to get you to metal the best for bedroom/home playing. I played a lousy little Microcube and I was favorably impressed. Good practice amp.
Quote by uldhppi
I agree with Dave. That Washburn sounds interesting. Washburn makes some good qualilty guitars. Definitely going to be versatile. I think the Cube is going to get you to metal the best for bedroom/home playing. I played a lousy little Microcube and I was favorably impressed. Good practice amp.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'd say they're about the best you can get (that I've tried) for under about £450-500. until you hit ibanez' MIJ prestiges, basically.

Gordon smith have a few guitars for £400 which are nice, but they only have a bridge pickup.

EDIT: crap, godins are nice too, but are more than £300... more like £400, i think.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?