My Squier Telecaster Custom is in need of some new humbuckers, but I don't want to spend much considering it isn't my main guitar. I'm looking for a 60's PAF sound i.e. Clapton, Green etc. I'm looking to spend about £50 and have seen some "Giovanni GVH-1"s on Axesrus, but not being an expert on pickups, I don't know if these are worth my money.

Any other suggestions?
Im gonna reccomend swineshead, they're about £45 per pick up which looks to be more than you're willing to spend, but they're well worth it. great tone and handmade in england, great customer service too. chek them out www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk
Quote by TehJermie
you can get that toneblaster stack at the cost of your dignity.

Quote by silhouettica
fine, screw the cheese sandwich if you must...

swineshead are great, i can personally recommend those.

I've heard good things about irongears, but haven't tried them. if price is the main concern, I'd probably give them a try. There's a 15% off (i think? or is it 10%?) code for UG users, try doing a search on irongears.

I'm guessing rolling mills are their pafs, but wouldn't hurt to email them for advice.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Im not sure if Rockfield pickups are available over there, if so i love them. Try out the SWC set. They're also 50$ a pop in the states.
If you can get them over there, GFS puts out some solid, more affordable pups...I have some of their single coils in my strat, and have nothing to complain about.
I think those Irongears are ideal for me, I can get them for around £42 with that discount that Dave Mc mentioned (thanks!).

Does anyone have any experience with them? From the soundclips they seem quite PAFy which is what I want. Thanks for your help.
GoldenAge is supposed to be decent. just your basic workhorse pickup that come in a few basic flavors.

www.stewmac.com
Grammar and spelling omitted as an exercise for the reader.
Swineshead pickups are over here and seem pretty good value. I'm not sure but i'm sure a regular poster one here (corderoy or something) sells pickups from Wales. Request a price guide from him?
Quote by azza6
Darren you rock.

Quote by 7DaySkeptic
You win sir

Join the only "REAL" Stratocaster Group here

Free Fender Strat here!
Quote by Windie Miller
I think those Irongears are ideal for me, I can get them for around £42 with that discount that Dave Mc mentioned (thanks!).

Does anyone have any experience with them? From the soundclips they seem quite PAFy which is what I want. Thanks for your help.

a couple of guys over at the tavern (another forum) have them- they should be members here too, but they might not see the thread. i think there was a thread over at harmony central about them too, and also you could maybe check the reviews over there (though it often pays to treat a lot of them with a pinch of salt)...

also cordy's pickups would be worth considering, i always forget about him. i haven't tried his either, but again i hear good things.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?