Are you guys also hardcore fans to your local scenes?

Around St. Louis, we got a pretty big pop/punk and alternative scene (although lately its been a bit dead), and it takes up about half of my 'favorites' list, but then I talk to other guitarists around the area and none of them are really interested in the local scene.

So I was curious, do you guys also dedicate yourself to your local scene?
ADELOS
POP PUNK
for fans of...

Motion City Soundtrack, Get Up Kids, Jimmy Eat World, Transit, Brand New, Dashboard Confessional, Early November, Fall Out Boy, Jawbreaker, Polar Bear Club, The Story So Far, the Wonder Years, Something Corporate.
here in adelaide in australia we have the biggest metal scene in the whole of aus apparently. I enjoy going out when i can and watching the locals
My town doesn't really have any scene going on. Too bad really, would've been nice to have a raging metal scene here.
I'm from Davenport, Iowa, and the local music scene isn't that great. Alot of the bands sound completely identical to each other, and it just gets very stale after a while. However, there are a few bands that really bring a unique, good sound. A couple local bands I prefer are The Guerrilla Cadets and Hope Amidst Ruin.