Just got my wife's wedding ring appraised to go on our homeowners insurance. It came out to $5,800.

If you're married, what did you spend on you wife's band (or what did your husband spend on yours)?

If not, what's the most you would spend on a ring?

Also, what do you think about wives wanting to keep the ring if the marriage gets broken off or the couple divorces?
i'd pay as much as i have

and they should give it back

/gold diggers
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
I'd don't think you'll get a lot of replies here.

I think they should keep it, it was a gift right?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433

It was a gift with conditions involved.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by element4433

If I was looking for a ton of replies, I would have posted a thread about couch cushions and masturbation. I'm bored...but not that bored.
I can understand the symbolism of a wedding ring, but come on...If I should decide one day that marriage is in the cards for me, I hope it'll be to a woman who values symbolism more than price tag. Not that I'm cheap, but I don't understand how a big dollar sign makes it mean more.

Not to downgrade your situation, there denizenz, but marriage talk often gets me going on an anti-vanity and decadence streak. Good for you for putting it on your HO Ins.

And to aswer your last question, No. I don't think someone should keep an engagement ring or wedding band after splitting.
what is like.. the normal price ?

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by skeptopotamus
I can understand the symbolism of a wedding ring, but come on...If I should decide one day that marriage is in the cards for me, I hope it'll be to a woman who values symbolism more than price tag. Not that I'm cheap, but I don't understand how a big dollar sign makes it mean more.

Not to downgrade your situation, there denizenz, but marriage talk often gets me going on an anti-vanity and decadence streak. Good for you for putting it on your HO Ins.

And to aswer your last question, No. I don't think someone should keep an engagement ring or wedding band after splitting.

I don't think that more expensive rings mean more, and my wife's ring was relatively cheap. She's not too materialistic (as women go) so I got lucky.

Her sister, my sister-in-law, actually exchanged her ring and got a bigger one before they were married.
Quote by denizenz
I don't think that more expensive rings mean more, and my wife's ring was relatively cheap. She's not too materialistic (as women go) so I got lucky.

Her sister, my sister-in-law, actually exchanged her ring and got a bigger one before they were married.

Hope I didn't sound like I was saying you DID think more money meant more meaning. Wasn't saying that at all. I just go off on rants sometimes.
Quote by skeptopotamus
Hope I didn't sound like I was saying you DID think more money meant more meaning. Wasn't saying that at all. I just go off on rants sometimes.

Not at all, I was merely agreeing with you.
hah

D&D were talking about this a few days ago
you detrioters should know who D&D is
on the radio...
97.1 FM
Quote by denizenz

$5,800 dollars is cheap......Thats more than all my musical equipment, my car and all the money I have in the bank combined. But to answer the question around $1,000 for me unless I strike it rich before the time comes.
Quote by PatrickBateman
My wife's was under $10,000, and if we were to get a divorce, I wouldn't want it back.

You say that now.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Quote by Osiris77
$5,800 dollars is cheap......Thats more than all my musical equipment, my car and all the money I have in the bank combined. But to answer the question around $1,000 for me unless I strike it rich before the time comes.

I think my sister-in-law's ring was double that amount, and the disgustingly wealthy tote rings that appraise upwards of $5 million.
I wouldn't like a ring that I'd have to wear all the time, but I don't want to get married so I should shut up.

I'd rather a tattoo or cutting off part of my finger though (that's just me...) although that's obviously pretty damned permanent.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Quote by mercen11ary
hah

D&D were talking about this a few days ago
you detrioters should know who D&D is
on the radio...
97.1 FM

I only listen to Drew and Mike in the morning. 101.1 > 97.1
Quote by Yakult
If I get a boner I generally pass out due to the massive amount of blood having to be redirected from my brain

Quote by DubStar92
I like to video record myself when I'm drunk. It's like a mini-movie. I love fapping to the sex scene.
I'm confused, are we talking wedding rings or engagement rings here?

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't take it back either way. It's rightfully hers even if you paid for it. Although if I thought she was planning to sell it, especially for drugs or alcohol or something like that then I would do my best to keep it.
Quote by bequickorbedead
I'm confused, are we talking wedding rings or engagement rings here?

I'm pretty sure I wouldn't take it back either way. It's rightfully hers even if you paid for it. Although if I thought she was planning to sell it, especially for drugs or alcohol or something like that then I would do my best to keep it.

The wedding ring (typically) is the engagement ring, but with an added band. So we're really talking about both.
Quote by denizenz
I think my sister-in-law's ring was double that amount, and the disgustingly wealthy tote rings that appraise upwards of $5 million.

Thats just insane I can't even comprehend that 5 million for a freakin ring.....
I didnt get a wedding band, i just tied her up and threw her in a sack. I keep her under my bed. I get her out now and then, but shes a bit like gollum now, she survived by eating the dead moths under my bed.
I'd never want a ring that expensive. That's just a waste of money.. in fact, I don't know if I would want one at all. I don't like rings and I'd lose it anyway.
When a couple divorces, I think it's ok if the wife wants to keep the ring, I mean, you gave it to her, why would you want it back?
[Light]
Quote by Noor
I'd never want a ring that expensive. That's just a waste of money.. in fact, I don't know if I would want one at all. I don't like rings and I'd lose it anyway.
When a couple divorces, I think it's ok if the wife wants to keep the ring, I mean, you gave it to her, why would you want it back?

Because it was a conditional gift. If you propose to her, she doesn't get to take the ring and decline to marry you. They come as a package.
Quote by Noor

I don't know that I would necessarily want it back, but I don't plan on getting divorced. In court, a wedding/engagement ring is viewed as a contract. Any court ruling would place the ring back in hands of the purchaser.
Why would they want to keep it after a divorce. Surely it'd be a horrible reminder.

I suppose you could sell it though
"Why should we subsidise intellectual curiosity?"
-Ronald Reagan

"Knowledge is in every country the surest basis of public happiness."
-George Washington
Quote by Ur all $h1t
Why would they want to keep it after a divorce. Surely it'd be a horrible reminder.

You could sell it and annoy her because you took it back. Two wins!!!

Most of the people here are 15-16 year old teens!

Like me!

Quote by imdeth

I'm funny

BLUES
Quote by Ur all $h1t

There are women who coerce men to engage them solely because they want a diamond. They then proceed to call the wedding off and keep the ring.
I think I'd be pretty pissed if a guy spent several thousands on a ring. I'm just not that materialistic.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I think I'd be pretty pissed if a guy spent several thousands on a ring. I'm just not that materialistic.

So, when you get married you want one of these?

I wanted to get her something nice anyway. It's not like she was there twisting my arm.
Quote by denizenz
So, when you get married you want one of these?

I wanted to get her something nice anyway. It's not like she was there twisting my arm.

I want something that looks nice
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by denizenz
If I was looking for a ton of replies, I would have posted a thread about couch cushions and masturbation. I'm bored...but not that bored.
Haha true
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by denizenz
Just got my wife's wedding ring appraised to go on our homeowners insurance. It came out to $5,800.

If you're married, what did you spend on you wife's band (or what did your husband spend on yours)?

If not, what's the most you would spend on a ring?

Also, what do you think about wives wanting to keep the ring if the marriage gets broken off or the couple divorces?

Another reason not to get married.

Fuck $5800 for a piece of metal. If my wife loved me that much she wouldn't care about the gold content of the band on her finger.

Wedding onion rings ftw!
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by Meths
Another reason not to get married.

Fuck $5800 for a piece of metal. If my wife loved me that much she wouldn't care about the gold content of the band on her finger.

Wedding onion rings ftw!

Although onion rings are mint, I'd have to question their ability to withstand the ages. Honestly, do you want a piece of produce that's famous for making people cry as the symbolic representation of your lasting love?

Heh, and it's not just metal...there are 2 karats worth of diamonds on it.
I got my girlfriend a promise ring if that counts for anything... It had three really small diamonds on it, the price tag said $500 but I got it for $150 so i "accidentally" left the price tag on there when i gave it to her...

If I had the money, I'd spend it on whatever she wants... I got unlucky, she really likes the whole diamond deal. Pisses me off how materialistic she can be, but I piss her off when I'm shallow so it balances out.
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .