I posted tread before 1hour ago. but noone answered me. I'm searching for guitar, it would be my first. now i'm asking is there any guitar for that money, 500-600$.
My first choice was yamaha rgx 520 dz, what do you think? any better guitar?

Yamaha RGX 520 DZ FS, Alder Body, bolt Erle Korpus, bolt on Maple/Rosewood Neck, chrom Floyd Rose Lic. Tremolo, black Gotoh Tuners, Master-Volume and Master-Tone Controls, 2 x Alnico Humbuckers, 24 Frets, Color: Flat Silver

please answer me, i need answer

p.s. my english id bad
My brother has a Yamaha Pacifica, ive played it and for a starters guitar i really liked it
^ yep, pacifica is a really good starters guitar,

I own one myself and I still play on it sometimes. I really recommend that guitar as starters guitar
and what with RGX? because i've played acoustic for 3 years, and i don't wanna change guitar for 6months
don't get a yamaha
they're built for beginners with no money
no money!
that's why they're cheap cause they're crappy.
my friend got a yamaha and ended up smashing it because it didn't sound like a song he wuz trying to play
with a 500-600 budget you could get a medium-end ibanez, or washburn. Look into that maybe?
Guitars:
'11 Gibson Buckethead LP
'97 Fender Cali Series Strat
?? Samick Bass
'01 Fernandes Dragonfly Elite
Quote by mitten65
don't get a yamaha
no money!
my friend got a yamaha and ended up smashing it because it didn't sound like a song he wuz trying to play
^ I reckon this guy's advice is cheap too. Cause it's crappy.

If you're serious about playing electric and you're set on the RGX, I'd recommend the RGX320 or the RGX520 without a tremolo. Great guitars, and you won't deal with the hassles of a locking trem.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
Great guitars, and you won't deal with the hassles of a locking trem.
This.

When you're first starting out, do not touch anything with any kind of tremolo system (no matter if it's a decent one or not). You'll have no use for it when you're starting, it'll just get in the way and make things overly complicated for you. By the time you do ever get to the point where you might make use of it, you'll probably be looking at moving on to a second, probably better guitar anyway. Yeah I know it looks cool and whammy bar wanking sounds great when done right, but it'll be a long time before you can make any real use of it, in the meantime or you'll do is screw your strings up if you've got a cheap tremolo, or if you've got a better one, you'll end up getting more and more frustrated when you start changing strings and look into alternate tunings and so forth.
Quote by mitten65
don't get a yamaha
no money!

fuck off.

basically:

what type of music do you like at the moment, and do you think you'll mostly play?
I assume that $600 is for both guitar and amp?
You're in Germany, right?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'm not from germany, and i need justi guitar, not amp. i play rock, metal, blues.
yes i have,yamaha f-20, i know that is't good amp, but i first want the guitar
Seriously spend $300+ on the amp and $-300 on the guitar. I've had my pacifica 6 months now great guitar for the money and versatile.

mitten your an idiot and I sure aint cheap
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
Irishman of the Laney Cult
Quote by plankermaxx
Seriously spend $300+ on the amp and $-300 on the guitar. I've had my pacifica 6 months now great guitar for the money and versatile.

mitten your an idiot and I sure aint cheap

This is good advice even if your not willing to accept it.
Quote by Horlicks
hahahah

had to be said... i'm sick of people saying yamahas are starters because of their starter guitars. no-one says fenders are starters because they have squiers...

Quote by yamahargxc
i'm not from germany, and i need justi guitar, not amp. i play rock, metal, blues.

ok, sorry. just there was a bit of german in the list of the specs of the guitar, so i made the assumption...

like most people will say, $600 is a lot of money to spend on the guitar if you have a really cheap amp. A $300 guitar, if you know how to pick a good one, is still a nice guitar. While the difference between a $300 amp (again, assuming you know how to pick a good one) and a cheap starter amp will be night and day.

I'm guessing a roland cube 30 or vox valvetronix ad15vt would be good for the amp.

for the guitar, a yamaha pacifica 112 (or higher if you can afford it) would be nice, you could also look into their aes series.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
actually, either of those amps would leave you about $400 for the guitar. there are a couple of godins at that price, which would be nice, and i hear good things about those michael kelly guitars too, but i haven't tried them.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
schecter blachawk... i bought 1 for my second guitar and love it, only just over $300.
it doesnt have a tremelo system on it which is good for beginners cos its just 1 less thing to worry about. my first guitar was a total ****ey guitar, it was a stagg, at the time i knew nothing bout guitars and just went for wot looked nice and was cheap.
so yeah id recommend the Blackhawk, good for metal, not too great for blues but if u fart about with the tone control and the controls on ur amp u may be able to get a sound close enough to wot u want for blues.
There's no point fearing death, as it is inevitably going to happen

ESP Ltd H-302
Jackson KE3 (for sale)
Schecter Blackhawk
Roland Cube 60
good call actually. if you're only practicing, the microcube would leave you most of that $600 for the guitar, and still be a fun practice amp, and considering it can run on batteries, you could conceivably always have a use for it, even after moving on to bigger and more expensive amps.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-Combo-Amp?sku=480260

Valve Junior

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Yamaha-AES720-Single-Cutaway-Electric-Guitar?sku=519037

Yamaha AES720

The Yamaha looks like a very nice versatile guitar. Valve Junior is a very simple amp that I have heard delivers great tone.

Try to play these at a local music store. This would probably sound very good for the money.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
i find one rgx520dz in my local music store but is damaged, on headstock, and body, neck is ok. 1 year old, for 300$
Quote by Dave_Mc
good call actually. if you're only practicing, the microcube would leave you most of that $600 for the guitar, and still be a fun practice amp, and considering it can run on batteries, you could conceivably always have a use for it, even after moving on to bigger and more expensive amps.

I still love my Microcube.

Quote by yamahargxc
i find one rgx520dz in my local music store but is damaged, on headstock, and body, neck is ok. 1 year old, for 300$

Buying a blemished instrument can be a great way of saving money. If you like the guitar, you're not bothered by some cosmetic flaws and you're sure that the damage is merely cosmetic, then buying this Yamaha is a good idea.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
Last edited by Bonsaischaap at Sep 30, 2007,
I'm sure SBG and AES Yamahas are great guitars. Spend some money on a guitar and you'll get a nice guitar. But I don't think they are for shredders even though you can get many sounds with an SBG(can turn a humbucker into a single-coil sound).

Just don't buy lower end Yamahas.
Quote by Bonsaischaap
I still love my Microcube.

yeah, it's a nice amp.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?