Page 1 of 2
I'm trying to kinda stop, well apart from maybe when I get drunk and partys cause that wasn't so bad, but I'm smoking like 10 a day now and I want to stop cause I think its too much, its really hard I'm only on my second day and I'm craving a fag so bad I'm just crewing on gum like mad lol
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
Everytime you light a smoke, immediatly kick a kitten, this will make you think of doing something bad when you smoke.

Or good if your a kitten kicking c***
Don't stop like straight off. Cut it down slowly.

Start this week by cutting down to 9 a day

then 8 next week

etc.

Good luck

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Cut off all your fingers, and keep them in a freezer until your cravings stop, then go to hospital and have them sewn back on.

If you manage to smoke without fingers then you deserve a cigarette
I know what you mean .. 10 cigs a day isn't THAT bad.

I smoke about 25 - 28 cigarettes a day and it's impossible to stop.. I want to stop but I don't have strong will.. Cutting it slow didn't help either..

I hate cigarettes and addictions.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
every time you buy a pack of cigs, give it to the homeless guy begging for some as soon as you walk out of the store. It'll stop you really fast.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
see i know 10 isent that bad but reckon it'll start getting worse if i don't try and cut down now

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
Quote by p.stick

then 8 next week

etc.

Good luck

That doesn't really work.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
how do you people get addicted to so many a day? jesus christ. i've been smoking since 8th grade and i dont think i have an addiction. i actually havent had one in about 5 days.

???

i think it's all a mind game, you dont really need them mate.
just think of how much money you'll save if you stop. that helped me.
Hmmmm... Pie.

Quote by tryandstopme
i think your cereal is rather gay sir.

Quote by ibanez for life

Quote by Haha, Crackhead

This thread just screams,"Hey! Look at me!! I illegally download thousands of gigs of music!!!"

and what exactly does your username scream...?
Quote by armon77
how do you people get addicted to so many a day? jesus christ. i've been smoking since 8th grade and i dont think i have an addiction. i actually havent had one in about 5 days.

???

i think it's all a mind game, you dont really need them mate.

How many in a day do you smoke?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
That doesn't really work.

then what would you suggest?
Quote by nebraskan
Sometimes my penis stands up so I rub it and then he gets sick from the rubbing (probably an upset tummy) and throws up ... ...
Quote by metaldud536
Im 18 and ive never had a wet dream. is that normal?
Quote by Våd Hamster
I used to think that girls only had 2 holes

^sex?
instead of smoking, take however much money you spend on cigarettes each week and put it in a jar. at the end of the year, buy yourself something nice.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
How many in a day do you smoke?

i used to go throug about 10-15 a day in 8-9, then in 10th i was like fcking gas is more important than ciggys, so it changed to about a pack a week due to money issues. 11th i didnt smoke really at all unless i was partying or in a bad mood. now i just smoke whenever i feel like it.
The dude who done Supersize me said theres a "3 day hump" and once you pass 3 days without smoking it gets easier...

but hey, I have no idea how hard it is, probly not as easy as that at all.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Cut off all your fingers, and keep them in a freezer until your cravings stop, then go to hospital and have them sewn back on.

If you manage to smoke without fingers then you deserve a cigarette
Quote by NutZz?
then what would you suggest?

Oh.. I dunno. Usually I'll smoke for a year and then quit, and then take it back up again a year later for absolutely no reason. Lets see..

Well, depending on how long he's been smoking, if he wants to phase it out.. It might be possible for him to switch to Ultra-Lights for the time being, and then quit after awhile. Personally, I always had a much easier time just going cold turkey. The first two days suck, after that it's not so bad. Distracting himself would be easier.. OR if he's really dedicated, he could stay in bed for two days, and not wake up.. Take sleeping pills or something. Because the first two days are the worst in terms of withdrawal. Staying distracted is the main part.. What else...

If you have nothing to distract you, you could lock yourself in your house for awhile, and not go out for any reason.. Even have someone hide your car keys and your license. But, that's only if you're really dedicated.

The thing is, though.. if you do quit, try not to take it back up, because then it will be harder to quit the next time.
Quote by vintage x metal

If you really want to stop your smoking tendencies, immerse yourself in a new environment. Your desire for cigs ties in to your associations of their pleasure with your environment. A new area will lessen the association and thus it'll be easier to quit.
Quote by p.stick

then 8 next week

etc.

Good luck

That doesnt really work. Your dumb.

Quit cold-turkey and suck it up like a man. Chewing gum is for women. What do you need those mouth muscles for unless its giving head??
^ lmao
I might just try and sleep for 2 days and awake feeling like a new man =]

Ibanez RGA-8
Yamaha FG-400A
take up a new habit.

like crack cocaine.

or maybe nicorette patches from the chemist?
MEMBER OF THE LAUGAM BRITISH HIT SQUAD! HONORARY MEMBER OF THE SWEDISH LAUGAM HIT SQUAD!
I'M JUST SEE THROUGH FADED, SUPER JADED, AND OUT OF MY MIND
<//////>~ dA
Esther is officially awesome and smart - Frenchy
I had every intention to quit smoking this week, but I forgot about it, and bought a carton of cigarettes the other day..
Quote by vintage x metal

i quit once for four months me and my wife made a deal all the money i would have spent on cigs would go to music equipment funds,at the end of four months bought the equipment.......then bought a pack of cigs
Suck it up and quit smoking.

Or, easier but slightly more impractical, go back in time and don't be dumb enough to start.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by JC13
. You could always sell it to some n00b for more profit.

That only happens when I go to the local venues to see my friends in Recusant Youth, and all the scene kids come a'runnin' as soon as they see an adult with cigarettes.
Quote by vintage x metal

I've never understood how some people smoke so many in a day...

I knew someone who said they went through 30 a day, i mean thats more than 1 every hour! How do you even find the time!
ehh driving is one of my lot of cigs in a row time as is guitar playing and work breaks
Quote by tobysaurus
I've never understood how some people smoke so many in a day...

I knew someone who said they went through 30 a day, i mean thats more than 1 every hour! How do you even find the time!

At my job I can smoke whenever I want, and I use it as an excuse to pass time.
Quote by vintage x metal

I smoke like 10 a day, and I tried giving up recently..

Oh man that was terrible.

Long story short; I still smoke.
Did you know that fags create as much dependence as heroin?
Hope that helps you quit now that you still can. If you don't stop now, you will never stop.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Quote by Dobzilla
I smoke like 10 a day, and I tried giving up recently..

Oh man that was terrible.

Long story short; I still smoke.

You're never gonna grow if you smoke you know. You'll be a dwarf your whole life.
Is it still a God Complex if I really am God?

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without civilization in between.
Oscar Wilde
Quote by urik
Did you know that fags create as much dependence as heroin?
Hope that helps you quit now that you still can.

Umm... No.. That's stupid. I don't recall ever sweating, or crying because I couldn't smoke. I remember being slightly annoyed that I couldn't have a cigarette..
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
Umm... No.. That's stupid. I don't recall ever sweating, or crying because I couldn't smoke. I remember being slightly annoyed that I couldn't have a cigarette..

Here. Read.
By Philip J. Hilts
Special to The New York Times

WASHINGTON, Aug. 1 - When heavily dependent users of cocaine are asked to compare the urge to smoke cigarettes, about 45 percent say the urge to smoke is as strong or stronger than that for cocaine.

Among heroin addicts, about 38 percent rank the urge to smoke as equal to or stronger than the urge to take heroin. Among those addicted to alcohol, about 50 percent say the urge to smoke is at least as strong as the urge to drink.

In April, seven chief executives of tobacco companies testified before a Congressional subcommittee that nicotine was not addictive. Experts in addiction, while disagreeing with that assessment, say that the definition of addiction is evolving, and that they can see how such a statement might be made.
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

it could be alot worse, because 10 a day isnt too bad. Kudos for trying to kick the habit before it becomes overwhelming, though.
gum=good

hard candy=good

use those when you get a craving...thats what my mom did
Quote by urik
Here. Read.

Listen to Bill Hicks' interpretation.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by 742627000017
Think about it : If everyday the money that you would spend on pack you would put in a jar you would save up for this http://www.zzounds.com/item--JAC2911103 or a amp

i have that guitar!!!!
Quote by DieGarbageMan
i can become erect whilst displeasing women

What a talented person.
Page 1 of 2