I'm wanting to get a half stack but can't decide on what to get. I'm leaning towards this ONE but thought I would get a second opinion. Don't want to spend to much money so I'm trying to find a nice cheap one.

I was also wanting to know of any good distortion pedals I should purchase. I play a lot of Killswitch Engage, Slipknot etc and want something similar to there sound. I'm purchasing the Seymour Duncan Blackout humbucker set as well.

My final question is strings. I can't find a nice pair of strings that I like... do you guys have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
1. D'addario 11's
2. Are you gigging, if so where and how often?
3. How much do you want to spend?
As far as solid state, Randall is a good way to go for metal.. But if your budget is around 500, the best option would be to shop used on ebay or another similar site. It's recommended a lot, but a tube combo would be better than a 412 solid state. Volume and projection wise, they'll be about the same. Tonewise, tubes will be better. Another option, if you play a lot of other styles as well, would be a Zoom G9.2tt. They're 400 brand new, you could pick up a used keyboard amp and Zoom for about 500 probably. A modeller through a FRFR speaker produces much better results than MFX through a guitar amp. Some people love their MFX through a guitar amp, and aren't realizing the full potential of the MFX unit. They're also great for direct recording and silent practice. And, of course, versatility. The ability to make a sound then recall it later with just a stomp of your foot, priceless IMO.

As far as strings go, I like DR strings. Nice feel, good tone, long lasting. Elixirs are a bit pricey, and they're the only string brand I've ever broken while playing, but they feel really nice. I think they wear out faster than DRs, but different strings have different feel and "lastability" to everyone. :P
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

+1 for d'addario's for sure
as for distortion pedal, you gotta try a few...Boss are very popular, I love my Jackhammer cuz I can really fine tune the tone I get out of it...that amp looks decent for the price for sure

what kind of guitar are you rockin?

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I have a 2001 Gibson Explorer that I just picked up yesterday... Was using a cheap Jackson before. I'm in a band but right now we aren't gigging. I want a nice amp setup but don't wanna spend more than 600 tops which isn't a lot but with Christmas coming up I have to save back some money.

Has anyone used the Seymour Duncan Blackout Humbuckers? I think i'm going to buy a set in the next few weeks. I think i'm going to try out DR strings as well... just to see how they play.

Still in the market for a nice distortion pedal.
A used 5150 combo would blow you away, and you wouldn't need a Distortion pedal.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS