That just because you play a certain brand of guitars, you have to like whoever's on the same brand as you?

I told my friend I played a Schecter Hellraiser, and he goes, "Dude, Avenged Sevenfold plays Schecters!!" He knows I don't like them, so I was like, "Avenged Sevenfold sucks."

Who are some artists that share the same brand as you that you don't like?
I have a P-Bass, as does Pete Wentz.
That doesn't count though since I can actually play mine.
thats just silly - I dont like Strats at all, but I love Jimi H. so common your friend is a tool

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
I hate:

Tommy Shaw from Styx
Both guys from Jimmy Eat World
Tim Sult
The Edge
Patrick from FOB

And many others who play the Gibson SG.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
I like Joe Satriani, but I'm not gonna go buy a chrome plated JS. What did one of those thing sell for? $10,000?
Uh sorry but I guess blink 182, Fender stuff...

I'd hardly consider them Fender artists.. meh.
I play ESP and Jackson. I know a lot of bands I like play both, however, I have no clue what gear bands I don't like use. I play my guitars because they feel good in my hands and they sound good to my ear. Screw what everyone else uses.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

The fact that Metallica plays ESP's and have their signature models with them is what originally got me to look at ESP's, but I don't like any of the Death Metal/Metalcore bands that play them.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
I hate:

Tommy Shaw from Styx
Both guys from Jimmy Eat World
Tim Sult
The Edge
Patrick from FOB

And many others who play the Gibson SG.

You no like Styx?

*cries*

Also, when I saw Styx in April, Tommy was using a Les Paul
Quote by yawn
I play a Budweiser guitar...

Do they come in packs of 6?!
[quote="'[x"]Huffy[x]']You no like Styx?

*cries*

Also, when I saw Styx in April, Tommy was using a Les Paul
No, I'm sorry.

He does use a Les Paul, but he also uses SGs. Kinda like the Edge uses Explorers.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
i have ibanez, but i cant stand steve vai. GOD hes horrible do sumthing exciting steve. and dont flame me for not liking steve vai
Guitars:
Ibanez RG4EX1
Epiphone SG w/EMG's

Amps:
Peavey Windsor Head w/ JSX Cab
MicroCube (for the sake of practice at college)

Pedals :
Fulltone Full Drive 2 Mosfet
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop Crybaby
i love adam jones but i have a certain dislike for les pauls
Fender Stratocaster,Yamaha ERG 121 and 5 other random low budget acoustics
Quote by akaDan

lol
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
I can't imagine any professional musicians play a guitar the same brand as mine.
Co-President of UG's Tubgirl Virgins Club

Quote by Jack Off Jill
No, I'm sorry.

He does use a Les Paul, but he also uses SGs. Kinda like the Edge uses Explorers.

Fair enough

WAIT..

THAT EAR-RAPIST FROM U2 USES EXPLORERS?!

Okay, NOW I'm in a bad mood..
Quote by JC13
No... And that works in two ways. Just because your favourite guitarist uses CompanyX of guitars, doesn't mean you should. In the same way that if you decide you like CompanyY of guitars, you don't have to like any band endorsed by them.. You'll probably like one or two, but that's a stupid assumption from your friend.. Unless he was just saying A7X uses that brand.

But the way I read it, it seems like he tried to point it out to you, as if it's gay that you're using the same guitar as A7x, when you don't like them.

Well, I told him, "Dude, Avenged Sevenfold is gay." And he tells me, "That's bull****, man. You play the same brand as Avenged Sevenfold. Why do you not like them?!?!?!"
I never listened to Vai and Satch when I bought my Prestige, but it's kinda cool how they use Ibanez I guess.

Not really a big deal.

Trooch did too, back before the EBMM kicked in.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
i play a rhoads jackson, and i love randy rhoads.

(even though ive actually come to hate the guitar)
Well, at the moment, my main guitar is a Peavey Predator, and I'm not aware of any famous players that play Predators a lot.

I'm sure there are, I just don't know any.

And, when I can get strings for it, and get the neck fixed, I have a Gibson Sonex 180 Custom, and I have yet to find one of my favorite players to play one.

Again, I'm sure there are, but I just don't know any.

EDIT: And, no, I don't believe that if you play a certain guitar, you have to like the others that play them.

Hell, if you have a Les Paul, then you would basically have to like over half of the famous modern players ever.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
Last edited by fallenangel20 at Sep 28, 2007,
Quote by DeathForAll
Well, I told him, "Dude, Avenged Sevenfold is gay." And he tells me, "That's bull****, man. You play the same brand as Avenged Sevenfold. Why do you not like them?!?!?!"

BS argument. It's not the brand of guitar, but what you do with it that makes a difference.
Quote by akaDan

LOL
Manchester United
Sorry but someone has to be honest with you in life at least once. You are an idiot...
I play PRSs + ESPs (Well, I wish I had enough money to play both).

By that logic, I should like Cradle Of Filth.

No thank you.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
My friend made my guitar... Nothing like it... So completely invalid question for me

(well, he didn't really make it, he actually took a pawn shop piece of **** and made it amazing... home-made maple neck, seymour duncan!!! brass nut melted down from an old doorknob, and special paintjob )
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .