I'm looking at buying a new guitar and am crossed between 3 guitars

MIM standard fender strat £250

mij squier strat £150

Squier jagmaster £190

i only have £250 at the moment and cash is tight at the moment.

i was just wondering whether the squier would be any good as there seems to be mixed opinions

plus if anyone has any other ideas of guitars with a similar sound/style?price that would be great
I had a good sig once....

ah who am i kidding
I'd go for the MIM.
But... what year is the squier? I've heard the 80's ones are as good or better than modern MIM's.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
dont ever settle because of low funds - save up and you will be happier you did for sure!!!

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
MIM strat! then upgrade pups, bridge adn tuners over time. wont regret it
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
pretty sure the squier is a 1994

but if i chose to save more i will probably have to wait untill January time...

...and im impatient
I had a good sig once....

ah who am i kidding
made in mexico for sure

trust me

i stayed at the guitar store for more than 3 hours just trying and checking out both a jap squier and a mim strat....the strat won cause its sound is much more richer plus it lasts longer.
Fender Stratocaster,Yamaha ERG 121 and 5 other random low budget acoustics
If you can't save up for an American Strat, get the MiM one. It's a whole lot better than the Squier Strats.
in case you haven't realized (and im sure im gonna take a lot of heat for this) all fenders sound the same, i have a starter squire, and a 1994 strat and they both sound the same, fender is just a name
kill 'em a lot
I think that MIJ Squier is bit too pricey. Maybe if it was a mid 80s, but I think around 1994 is when they started to drop off. I'd go for the MIM Fender.
Quote by i_eat_souls
in case you haven't realized (and im sure im gonna take a lot of heat for this) all fenders sound the same, i have a starter squire, and a 1994 strat and they both sound the same, fender is just a name

They don't sound the same, and the build quality is very different between the Squier, MiM and MiA strats.
Quote by i_eat_souls

I kinda agree with you. I have tried many fenders, and not noticed much difference. You have to part with a lot more cash to get a noticeable sound improvement