Im gonna be getting a new guitar soon and narrowed it down to 2 chices its either gonna be a Fender Strat Standard or the Fender Tele Stander in Arctic White. But I can t figure out for the life of me which one i want. So whats peoples opinions on these two guitars here?

Thanks
You Are More Likely To Be Devoured Than Empowered By Your Own Sense Of Romance
strat

LTD EX-351
Peavey 5150 head
Marshall 1960A
Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor
BBE 482i Sonic Maximizer
Strat. theres so many things u can do to a strat, lots of mods. and waaay more tonal options than on a Tele. And Teles arent the most comfortable to play, as there slab-built and have no soft sides or contours.
Quote by qotsa1998
Strat. theres so many things u can do to a strat, lots of mods. and waaay more tonal options than on a Tele. And Teles arent the most comfortable to play, as there slab-built and have no soft sides or contours.

Yeah, strats are made for moding, that is another big plus....and my tele has a contour body.
That would depend entirely on what you want, it's apples to oranges.

What style do you play? Do you need a tremolo? What type of amp do you have?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Teles are vastly superior to strats IMO. I prefer the neck feel, as it's a lot smoother and faster. I also strongly disagree with the people who say strats have a wider variety of tones. As far as i'm concerned, the tele is much more versatile and all the pickup positions are usable (unlike the strat which imo only has 2 good tones). But I do suggest playing both and seeing which you prefer.
Muddy Waters Tele - Signed by the members of Canned Heat
PRS Soapbar SE - Signed by Michael Angelo Batio
H&K Statesman Quad EL-84
Dunlop Wah (modded to JH specs)
Last edited by Friedmaniac at Sep 28, 2007,
Quote by hamish5178
That would depend entirely on what you want, it's apples to oranges.

What style do you play? Do you need a tremolo? What type of amp do you have?

+1,000,000,000,000

Neither is superior! i mean this is like LP vs Strat, It is all in what you want the guitar to do. The tele feels and sounds like a tele. a strat feels and sounds like a strat. and an lp feels and sounds like an lp. not one is superior. Each has its own uses and its own sounds.
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
strat for me personally

but play them yourself and see which sound you like better

i say strat cause it has alot of variety in its sound
Fender Stratocaster,Yamaha ERG 121 and 5 other random low budget acoustics
I like playing music by bands like the libertines and stuff like that i have a Epiphone Les Paul at the mo and want summink with single coil pickups just so I have a couple of guitars.
Quote by Friedmaniac
Teles are vastly superior to strats IMO. I prefer the neck feel, as it's a lot smoother and faster. I also strongly disagree with the people who say strats have a wider variety of tones. As far as i'm concerned, the tele is much more versatile and all the pickup positions are usable (unlike the strat which imo only has 2 good tones). But I do suggest playing both and seeing which you prefer.

Agree completely
Well

Tele: Is good for (but is not limited too) Country/blues/rock

Strat:Is good for (but is not limited too) Just about everything

Fat strat: Is good for(but is not limited too) Everything (Yet lacks the single coil)

(All guitars are versatile)

The strat's whammy isn't meant to take on the punishment that most people inflict on it today.
Solution FR STRAT

Copypasta

EDIT

I like both tones, but in some ways I like the tele moar.
I don't even shred
Quote by PiecesOfRainbow
I like playing music by bands like the libertines and stuff like that i have a Epiphone Les Paul at the mo and want summink with single coil pickups just so I have a couple of guitars.

Be more specific, more than one band at least, sheesh.

What amp?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

I use a Marshall MG15MSII my music taste i spreadout alot heres my favourite bands that most resmble my sound The Pigeon Detectives, Arctic Monkeys, Oasis, The Enemy, Young Knives.
New amp.
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall

get a new amp first.... laney vc15 would be a good choice.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Oh Yeah Im getting a new amp aswell thats just what i got at the mo btw what amp would u recommend aswell. If I were to get a new amp id want at least a 50watt one n the reason i need a guitar first is cause the pin which holds the strap falls out at gigs all the time its so annoying and cant be fixed its alright for practice though.
Last edited by PiecesOfRainbow at Sep 28, 2007,
laney vc15... possibly the 30 if you're doing louder gigs or need a louder clean tone.

you can get a laney vc15 for like £220... if you're lucky you might almost manage a straight swap for your MG ministack.

have you tried any blade guitars? they're a similar price to those fender standards, and if you ask me, nicer. japanese tokais might be worth a look too, but are harder to find, and you might have to go second hand.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dude there's a thread in the front page. God, scroll down before you post a thread.
Surely this kind of thing is different for each individual
Its really a matter of opinion, i was in love with the strat be4 but as someone metioned the only thing the tele lacks as compared to the strat is a whammy bar which u can still do without by bending the strings from above the nut so yea...if ur wondering what the differences are, for one the strats got those 2 extra tone settings which according to me...yea not too much of a diff... also the way the pickups are wound on the teles for anyone who says u cant play metal on a tele well yea u might wanna go try a few out on a good amp...but yea the only flaw id say while playing the tele is the way the bodies designed is that theres no contours as someone else also mentioned so it tends to hurt u if u lean ur torso on it a bit, but also the way the bodies designed makes it really easy to reach the 18+ frets unlike the strat...where u have to stretch a bit sooo yea apart from that all upto u lol...personally id go (or have already gone =P) for the tele and it kicks ass