which artists have recorded or have your fav live tones and what amp/racks do they use?
I love Mastodon's tones on Human Giant, Wolf is loose, and Iron Tusk.

Gibson Guitars, Yamaha, or a custom First Act and Laney or Marshall amps. Troy (bass) uses Godlyke basses or a P-Bass with an Ampeg i think.

Coheed's early sounds are cool too.

Gibson Explorer w/EMGs and a LP thru either a Bogner, a Mesa, or a Marshall. Bass is a Spector thru an Ampeg probably.
Quote by qotsa1998
I love Mastodon's tones on Human Giant, Wolf is loose, and Iron Tusk.

Gibson Guitars, Yamaha, or a custom First Act and Laney or Marshall amps. Troy (bass) uses Godlyke basses or a P-Bass with an Ampeg i think.

Coheed's early sounds are cool too.

Gibson Explorer w/EMGs and a LP thru either a Bogner, a Mesa, or a Marshall. Bass is a Spector thru an Ampeg probably.

do they use Laney gh100s? also do you not mean Sleeping Giant?
i like killsw1tch engayge's tone, for a modern metal tone. end of heartache album. i think that was framus dragon/5150 (with cobra on some of the tracks).

their holy diver tone is pretty good too, i think that was a soldano SLO, but don't quote me, as they seem to change amps once a week...

for more 80's metal, van halen and stuff like that.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i like killsw1tch engayge's tone, for a modern metal tone. end of heartache album. i think that was framus dragon/5150 (with cobra on some of the tracks).

their holy diver tone is pretty good too, i think that was a soldano SLO, but don't quote me, as they seem to change amps once a week...

for more 80's metal, van halen and stuff like that.

i think they are on mesa 5:25s or roadsters now.
yeah, they change all the time. i heard they used rectos for (some of at least) the last album, but to be honest i have no idea.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Jeff Loomis's solo tone on any tracks off of In Memory. I believe he used an Ibanez RG with a Mesa Boogie Rectifier, driven with an Ibanez Tube Screamer. Don't quote me though, cuz that's just a guess based on a vid from Politics (for the guitar) and an interview in which he stated he had used the Recto+TS for a long time. Also, I believe many of the solos were double-tracked, which is one of the big reasons the tone is so badass.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
The first Van Halen album. Eddie used an old 100W plexi w/ a load box/line out to an MXR flanger, Echoplex, & Univox echo unit into a 400W H&H power amp. MXR phase 90 in front of amp.
That tone is legend.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Everybody knows that Leslie West has the best tone and vibrato in the world.
He's best known for using a Les Paul Jr. through a marshall or Sunn amplifier. (ive never heard of sunn before)
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"