When I first bought my Bass I was a complete idiot and I put a sticker on it. Then a friend of mine ripped it halfway off so there is like half of a sticker on it and that little white part on it from the sticker. Is there anyway of removing this without ruining my finish?
Quote by amitbob21
ok im a noob at slapping. Is it my strings or do i just suck at slapping? I have a squier fender J bass(im a noob). Im thinking of getting Ibanez GSR200

Quote by CheekanWofls
Practice on your wife
There's a substance that you can find in most places that sell cleaning supplies called "Goo-Gone." It works wonders, and shouldn't harm your finish.

EDIT: Only apply it to your bass if you have paint on it. If there's no paint (or laquer over a natural finish), you're screwed.
Quote by PatMcRotch
The term grammer nazi is from the camps in the lolocaust made by Adrofl Hitlol...

Quote by Wasted Bassist
Be sure to rape the blue note (augmented 4th). Rape it hard and exploit it like the skank it is.

Founder of the All-Tube Bass Amp Owners Club. PM me to join.
you could sit for hours on end... scraping away...

back when DVD players were new, mine came with a sticker covering the entire top surface of it (1ft by 1.5ft) and the whole thing did that... i still remember the suicidal thoughts 46 minutes in...

*Witty comment*
I know the kind of sticker you mean, where the plastic goes hard and leaves the glue layer sitting there laughing at you. Back when I was a car cleaner, this happened frequently with crappy pinstripes and graphics; the favoured method on car paint, which is acrylic base anyway, was a gentle working off as much of the plastic and glue with a plastic scraper (the ice scraper kind for car windows were best) and a good rub with paraffin.
If you don't fancy trying paraffin, how about linseed oil? I clean all my guitars with it, and it's cheap and effective. Doesn't cause any paint damage or discolouration. Unfortunately, it's toxic, and if you're not careful in damping your rags after you've used them, potentially spontaneously combustive. But hey, it smells nicer than paraffin, and it's cheaper.
And if nothing else, now you know what to do if you wake up some morning with a raging hangover, and some really bad Cobra stripes on your car...but the tattoo you can't explain might be trickier!
i have stickers all over my bass.. but im starting to think it was a bad idea now hehe
Quote by Your41Plague12
There's a substance that you can find in most places that sell cleaning supplies called "Goo-Gone." It works wonders, and shouldn't harm your finish.

EDIT: Only apply it to your bass if you have paint on it. If there's no paint (or laquer over a natural finish), you're screwed.

I worked at a hardware store for awhile, and I've had to remove all sorts of weird residues and whatnot - Goo Gone really works. There's also something called "Goof Off" which is pretty much the same thing. I think it comes in a spray bottle (like a smaller Windex bottle, easier to do spots with) and non-spray variety,
Wd-40!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So an irishman walks out of a bar.
Last edited by Lobsterdeth at Sep 29, 2007,
I haven't applied stickers to my bass, but I've gotten crap off with nail polish remover, and it didn't do a thing.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Nail Brush and warm, soapy water...Just don't go too hard.
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
When I want to remove a sticker on something, I get a wet towel and put it on it for a few hours and then scrape it off. Don't think it's a good idea to do it on wood though.
Quote by joeyj123
I am in awe of your sizzling wit. please, accept this congratulatory e-cookie, and accompanying basket.