If a v is what you want i think its an really good choice compared to others in its price range, like a jackson. Honestly, its either this or the esp v500. The plus on the esp is it comes stock with EMG's.
wow.....looks nice. DiMarzios come stock, which is nice. Seems worth the price, but it has no FR. Most shredders like FRs.
Quote by qotsa1998
wow.....looks nice. DiMarzios come stock, which is nice. Seems worth the price, but it has no FR. Most shredders like FRs.

Paul Gilbert (racer X ) Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe stump (not exactly famous) and even people liek Vai and Satch dont constantly use it.

Anyway I'd get an amp as you odnt have a main one to be honest.
I will be getting a Peavey Windsor very soon, so I have the amp bit fixed. But sou you're saying that it isn't a big improvement fromt the Jackson?

Edit: And I'm not so much after the Racer X tone, I will be playing that type of music but not just Racer X exclussively.
I think that for the price range of the guitar is is a pretty all around solid axe. Neck thru, Ibanez, can't go wrong.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by Punk_Ninja
Paul Gilbert (racer X ) Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe stump (not exactly famous) and even people liek Vai and Satch dont constantly use it.

Funny, I seem to recall Vai helping DESIGN one, and I know for a fact that he is currently designing Ibanez' newest Licensed Floyd as we speak. He also had his commercial career almost based upon his use of it. Satch is famous for Floyd use as well.

And also, EMGs are not a plus over DiMarzios, anyday IMO.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

It looks good on paper, but it's not as slick as the front view pictures would lead you to believe.

First of all, it's r-r-really heavy - might be an issue for some people. Second, it's thick (and thus heavy). Think almost SZ kind of thick. Third, the neck joint is an embarrassment for a neck-through guitar. It has this awkward heel that I'd consider pretty bad even for a set neck. The upper fret access is not the best at all. This pic might show some of that off.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by PerpetualBurn
Funny, I seem to recall Vai helping DESIGN one, and I know for a fact that he is currently designing Ibanez' newest Licensed Floyd as we speak. He also had his commercial career almost based upon his use of it. Satch is famous for Floyd use as well.

And also, EMGs are not a plus over DiMarzios, anyday IMO.

I didnt say Vai didnt use it, cos he does it's bloody obvious and being as big a fan of him as me I'd know.
But they dont CONSTANTLY use it like most seem to think, round here its an extreme or not at all

And if you're getting a decent amp then go for it, nice guitar!
Quote by pifty
It looks good on paper, but it's not as slick as the front view pictures would lead you to believe.

First of all, it's r-r-really heavy - might be an issue for some people. Second, it's thick (and thus heavy). Think almost SZ kind of thick. Third, the neck joint is an embarrassment for a neck-through guitar. It has this awkward heel that I'd consider pretty bad even for a set neck. The upper fret access is not the best at all. This pic might show some of that off.

I don't have a problem with heavy guitars (I'm no small guy). However, does the awkward neck-joint mean bad upper fret access?
Gilbert doesn't use trems anymore. Satch and Vai ALWAYS use trems.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
Quote by Guitarmike123
I don't have a problem with heavy guitars (I'm no small guy). However, does the awkward neck-joint mean bad upper fret access?
I, personally, found the fret access to be worse than on an RG. I just wouldn't advise buying it without trying. You might love it, or you might get very disappointed.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
I, personally, found the fret access to be worse than on an RG. I just wouldn't advise buying it without trying. You might love it, or you might get very disappointed.

Yeah, I will have to try it, although it can be hard to find where I live.
Quote by Punk_Ninja

You wouldn't by any chance know where to get a tab of Joe Stump's Je T'aime? One of the most beautiful songs ever written.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by jmag
You wouldn't by any chance know where to get a tab of Joe Stump's Je T'aime? One of the most beautiful songs ever written.

Agreed.

Stump > us.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
Gilbert doesn't use trems anymore. Satch and Vai ALWAYS use trems.

Satch and Vai don't always use trems, they use them tastefully, and use them to make their music sound good. . herman Li ALWAYS uses the trem and badly at that.