Hey all,
I just got a job singing at a pub saturday nights from 10pm-1am. I'm looking for some good songs that the crowd will love. It's just me, and a guitar...and I'm a girl. But I'm certainly not opposed to playing guy songs...
thanks!!
I hope this is a respectable pub otherwise you're going to get pestered constantly by horny drunk old men.

Happened to me and my band once, and we're not even female!
you want acoustic songs i assume?

btw i saw you just registered today...welcome
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
yes...acoustic songs...and the place seems pretty respectable...for a pub
if you're on your own, acoustic time! Oasis, Neil Young, The Beatles should all be winners

or get a band and play lots of sex pistols, ramones, clash
Quote by sashki
John Butler's "Ocean"
+1 i love that song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xZw9D9c18E

pink floyd- wish you were here
radiohead- fake plasic trees
audioslave- i am the highway (i know he's got a real deep voice but you could just tweak the vocals a bit)

helplessly hoping- crosby stills and nash (just work the guitar parts out so it's playable by yourself, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-Q2j7SWGS0 that's a nice cover of it)

i forgot you asked for "fast songs" none of these are fast but they're all nice
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Last edited by RageAgainst... at Sep 28, 2007,
good call sashki

but remember this is a pub, so i say either if i ever leave this world alive by flogging molly or boys on the docks by the dropkick murphys

unless its not an irish pub, but i live in massachusetts so i dont think those exist
it's definitely an irish pub... thanks for the suggestions... and please keep them coming as I look these songs up!
GreenDay - Good riddance (time of your life) - it's not really fast.. but people will love it

and yeah.. try some acoustic covers on thoes old hits... beatles would do the trick
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
Wonderwall? It's not really fast, but it's massively popular acoustic song.

Classical Gas is a bit more complex, but equally popular.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
Oasis - Wonderwall/Live Forever/Sunday Morning Call
Dave Mathews - Ants Marching (Acoustic)
Foo Fighters (Acoustic versions) - Best of You, Times Like These
Elliott Smith "Ballad of Big Nothing".
It would need some minor tweaking, but it seems like a good choice.
I can't think of anything else to suggest, currently.
Then again, it probably won't be good for an Irish pub.
It's your call.
Originally posted by TheBaron
I'm thinking you've got a beard...

Originally posted by Thornography
Okay well I want whiter teeth... and I would like to know if rubbing sandpaper on your teeth is safe or not.
Green Day songs would be good. Bass and drums add alot of energy to a song. But Fell in Love with a Girl (u should change the title) by the White Stripes would be good.
Quote by Serjem
GreenDay - Good riddance (time of your life) - it's not really fast.. but people will love it

and yeah.. try some acoustic covers on thoes old hits... beatles would do the trick

ARE YOU KIDDING????

that won't work anywhere besides if you're playing in some little emo girl's room. Man, especially in a pub. Go with wonderwall, or champagne supernova
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
Quote by cashewchaching
ARE YOU KIDDING????

that won't work anywhere besides if you're playing in some little emo girl's room. Man, especially in a pub. Go with wonderwall, or champagne supernova

agree...never play green day/mcr/fall out boy in pubs
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Quote by tyoustin
Hey all,
I just got a job singing at a pub saturday nights from 10pm-1am. I'm looking for some good songs that the crowd will love. It's just me, and a guitar...and I'm a girl. But I'm certainly not opposed to playing guy songs...
thanks!!

Nick Drake. Try one of his songs, for example Parasite, which is insanely easy to play. But it's also an awesome song.

Though, to be helpful, we kinda need to know the range of your abilities.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Last edited by Jack Off Jill at Sep 28, 2007,
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Nick Drake. Try one of his songs, for example Parasite, which is insanely easy to play. But it's also an awesome song.

Though, to be helpful, we kinda need to know the range of your abilities.

Well, I've been playing the guitar for 12 years... i used to do happy hours at a pub that was definitely more low key, so I would do jewel, lisa loeb, eagles, some country stuff, ccr, journey (only don't stop believing)...

but I definitely need stuff that is up tempo. I have plenty of stuff that will depress everyone in the bar and make them want to kill themselves.

I can play the acoustic guitar very well, strumming or picking...if that's what your asking.
if you're looking for strictly up tempo songs check out the John Butler Trio...most of their stuff would fit the description you're looking for
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Quote by Jack Off Jill

stairway to heaven
priest of Zeppelinism.

Quote by Dazed/Confused
Thank you eat_pancakes for your witty rebuttal. I have a new respect for the pit because of that.

Quote by czlespaul
I can't open a box of cereal without accidentally ripping the flap so it won't close quite right anymore.
well... how bout this question... what are your top five songs you like to hear when you go out drinking??