Any suggestions as to what i should play? To get the best marks i think it needs to be grade 4 or above.
Some things i was considering were:
Whitesnake - fool for your lovin
SRV - couldn't stand the weather
Hendrix - little wing

Are they good songs to play? Other suggestions much welcomed
SRV Scuttlebuttin

Its alot easier when you practise it. Just play the first lick over and over and once youve got that and in time you'll be ok.
I'm not sure of your ability, but play something that's not so hard that you can barely play it, you want something that you can get perfect every time without fail.
+1, its better to play something simple and play it perfect than play something hard and screw it up. I did through the never by metallica and got an A* for it. Just play anything that you want to as long as you can do it well.
No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable

@gossage91
@overtimefitnessau
i got 22/25 on my drum solo peice for playing "been there" - a grade 3 rockschool peice?

quite a lot of people in my class tried things too hard for them and ended up failing, so i did pretty well
Quote by cvbass
what is gcse?

Final high school exams in Britain, taken at age 15/16 (though my school actually pushes a lot of GCSE exams on us as young as 13, not music though).

It seems that examiners like Metallica standard songs, easy enough to play without fail but difficult enough to get those bonus marks.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Do Little Wing. My mate did it and got near full marks.

Did he get full marks because of the piece or because of the way he played it or both?
Quote by wiggyisgreat
Do Little Wing. My mate did it and got near full marks.

yeah i think im probably going to do that, seeing as i already knnow it- saves having to learn something new. Mind you ive got until like... early next year to record it
I was alos wondering do you get a much better grade for singing as well as playing?
I played a solo arrangement of Summertime and then a Latin Jazz/Rock Fusion composition with my band. Got me full marks and I ended up missing out overall on an A* by one mark (should have done some theory before the written exam).

The key is to play something managable and choose pieces that can showcase all your abilities. You might have a tune in mind that sounds great to you, but you need to consider the techniques it uses. The more, the better.

Basically don't choose some metal piece that relies on power chords. Find something that'll demonstrate interesting qualities eg. improvisation, octaves, syncapation, ect.
Singing won't matter I don't think. I got a C for mine, it's just a self penned bass solo, it's in my profile.
Quote by frusciante_50
Did he get full marks because of the piece or because of the way he played it or both?

Technical piece and he played it well.