This winter break there are a couple things i want to do guitar orriented, and one of the main things i want to accomplish is modding my Epi Les Paul. It is a Les Paul Custom and looks absolutely awesome, the only thing that keeps it from competeing with my other guitars is one is a Carvin and the other is a strat with swineshead pickups.

I am currently researching pickups...but do you guys have any ideas on types i should check out? My strat sounds really good for like punk,ska,grunge, really dirty kinds of rock and the carvin sounds great for blues, classic rock, and alot of harder stuff too. So im trying to figure out what would be worth putting in my Epi LP.

Secondly, id like to maybe do more than just add pickups, but i dont want to change the appearance so what are some other fun little mods i can make? My goal is to get comfortable enough modding my LP so that when my dad and i build a guitar next summer i'll have an idea of how to work with guitar electronics.

Sorry for the long post but I appreciate your guys advice!
Gear

Soon to have Carvin California Carved Top
Fender MIM Strat (Warthog, Spotlight, Condor)
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Valetronix Combo
Boss ME-50
Alvarez Acoustic
hmm pics??
Quote by Td_Nights
*Points to Above Poster*

Best. Username. Ever.

Quote by _-Joey-_
I wish I was gay...

PSN- td_rules Steam- tdrules
Jimmy Page mod would be awesome. 2 coil taps, a phase switch, and a series switch. all in push-pull pots. that definately would be fun, and a bit challenging. A JB/59 would be good. or maybe a PAF set, for classic rock stuff. P-94's from Gibson. very different sound from humbuckers and single-coils. but the Page mod wouldnt work with it. So i guess a JB/59 or a JB/Jazz combo. with the Page switching of course.
yeah, coil taps/splits/phase would be cool, make sure that if you get new pickups they need to be 4 conductor!
also, sand the clearcoat off the neck. I did this and the neck is soooooo smooth and easy playing
how about change the pots to higher quality ones
oh, and top wrap your strings! it's not really a mod, but its great
I second the Page mod idea, remember seeing a site that sold that mod...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
can some one explain the Paige mods effect on the overall sound of the guitar? Like what exactly will my guitar sound like in/out of phase and in series?

And i think at some time in my web surfing i had seen a Paige mod set somewhere too...i guess ill take a look and see what is out there

Thanks for the pickup ideas, i want to be able to get two gold covered pickups just so they math the rest of the gold hardware...
Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Valetronix Combo
Boss ME-50
Alvarez Acoustic
alright thanks for clarifying for me
Gear

Epiphone Les Paul Custom
VOX Valetronix Combo
Boss ME-50
Alvarez Acoustic