I was too lazy to search for this kinda question but as far as I looked i found nothing.
Recently bought a Highway one sereies tele (american made) now im not that great a player, but i do hope to get better if only i had a better amp ..currently using a GA-10 yamaha which came witht he jumpstart pack i bought 2 years back, so yea im living xD i just needed to know what kinda amps suit teles the most (i was told tube amps) and which one i should go for, my budget is in a range of $150 - $200ish...might be able to stretch it...im not lookin for high wattage maybe like 20-30 watts if possible any brand really as long as its good for playing at home, cuz i do intend on practising a lot more now that i actually have a great guitar...so yea any and all help is appreciated thanks in advance.

if music styles matter then i play john mayer, maroon 5, etc. on the clean side and incubus, good charlotte, blink 182 all the way to avenged sevenfold on the grungy side. Thanks again ;D
Fender Tube amps are pretty good.
The 15 watt Blues Jr sounds good for you.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Good lord. You are amazing.

Quote by Jestersage
It's stereo amp, and I don't think it's tube. However, for a stereo amp, it is very good. Don't plug guitar into it; just use it as hi-fi if it works.
crate palomino 5 watter (haven't tried, they're rare over here) or maybe a peavey valvking royal 8? i've tried the VK, but i obviously can't compare it to the palomino...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You could consider the vox valvetronix ad15 and ad30. They aren't tube but they sound damn good for the price.

Edit: They have a tube in the poweramplifikation chain, but noone seems to know what it does.
Last edited by Guitarmike123 at Sep 28, 2007,
vox ac30.about 200 dollars,HAS A TUBE,channel blending,and lots of effects.very good amp.some of the best cleans and OD.
that's a vox AD30. the AC30 is all tube amazingness.

for the same price, i'd definitely suggest the 5watt palomino, which is plenty loud for practicing.
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
^ are you talking about an ac30 or a valvetronix?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by athlete1
ac30 is valvotronix.vox is the valvotronix subname.

???

vox is the company name. they make the AC30 and the Valvetronix Series (and many others).

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-AC30CC2-30W-2x12-Custom-Classic-Combo?sku=482620

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD30VT-30W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481959

ac30 is all tube, and an amazing pro-level tube amp, heard on countless records.

the AD series is a cheaper hybrid line of amps, with digital effects and amp modes. very good for beginner guitarists who want a wide range of sounds.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by athlete1

Dude, the Valvetronix is the AD series. The AC30 is all tube and costs $1000.
Quote by athlete1

Guh?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Ok so to recap... the Vox AC30 is a 30 watt all tube amp which is 1000$..the AD30 is a hybrid amp that has preamp tubes and a ss power amp section and cost around 200$ (that would be good for the TS) also a fender blues JR is a 15 watt all tube amp and it costs 350$ where i live and would be better for the TS than a vox AD30 imo. But it really depends on what kind of music you play ( i am assuming blues and classic rock-softer rock b.c you have a tele but i could be wrong) then the Blues JR would be perfect for those.
Quote by guitarbite.fire
Ok so to recap... the Vox AC30 is a 30 watt all tube amp which is 1000$..the AD30 is a hybrid amp that has ss preamp and a tube power amp section and cost around 200$ (that would be good for the TS) also a fender blues JR is a 15 watt all tube amp and it costs 450$ where i live and would be better for the TS than a vox AD30 imo(me too.). But it really depends on what kind of music you play ( i am assuming blues and classic rock-softer rock b.c you have a tele but i could be wrong) then the Blues JR would be perfect for those.

fixed for some technical errors, and some of my opinion.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
Are you sure about the pre amp and power amp thing b.c i own an AD15VT and it has one Ax7 in it ..and im pretty sure that an Ax7 is a pre amp tube. but w.e heres the link http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-Valvetronix-AD15VT-15W-Guitar-Combo?sku=481958 and the one for the blues JR. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Blonde-Blues-Junior-Guitar-Amp?sku=480491 and ac30 http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Vox-AC30CC2-30W-2x12-Custom-Classic-Combo?sku=482620 just for the TS to see the difference
Last edited by guitarbite.fire at Sep 28, 2007,
Quote by athlete1

(Invalid img)

Vox is the brand name. Valvetronix is the AD series. AC30 is a whole different amp with all tubes.

And valvotronix?
Quote by Td_Nights
Prank calls?

What are you, 10?

Be a man and go take a shit on someone's car.

Quote by Fate_of_Mind
I skimmed through, saw pregnancy test, and "why is there blood". I'm going to assume you just punched her in the ovaries, problem solved.

Xbox Live GT: VRSlashGnR
Last edited by iSlash at Sep 29, 2007,
Quote by guitarbite.fire
Are you sure about the pre amp and power amp thing b.c i own an AD15VT and it has one Ax7 in it ..and im pretty sure that an Ax7 is a pre amp tube.

yeah, it's true. after reading articles and schematics, the preamp is solid state and the 12ax7 tube is placed after the pre-amp, and semi-integrated into the power amp. the way i read it for what it's worth... it really doesn't do much.
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by iSlash

(Invalid img)

Vox is the brand name. Valvetronix is the AD series. AC30 is a whole different amp with all tubes.

And valvotronix?

excellent choice of cat there.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by UnsignedRecords
yeah, it's true. after reading articles and schematics, the preamp is solid state and the 12ax7 tube is placed after the pre-amp, and semi-integrated into the power amp. the way i read it for what it's worth... it really doesn't do much.

....wow....just ...wow....i never knew that....meh..it sounds ok at bedroom levels (the AD15VT.) i know this because i own one ..but if you want anything more than bedroom i would go for a tube amp...
oh, well yeah it's definitely a good amp. but it's not because of that 1 little tube
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Quote by athlete1

LOL, you actually think the company is called valvetronix?
Speical thanks to UnsignedRecords and guitarfibre, well the Blues Jr. sounds good, i did mention the kinda music i play at the bottom of the first post, the Ad30's totally outta budget so ima stick with the Blues Jr. and look it up, thanks for all the help folks if you've still got toher amps than the main ones being debated here...well by all means id like to take all the suggestions cuz i wont be buying one until end of november
AD30 is cheaper than the Blues Jr. though... AD30 = $250 and Blues Jr. = $450...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard