i have a special edition bc rich archtop bich (http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/archtop/67808) with a wrap around bridge and for some reason the palm mutes suck really bad the sound altogether isnt great and i cant even hit any pinch harmonics on it!!!!

idk if it is the pickups or the way the bridge is setup but i cant get a better sound out of it

should i buy new active pickups,i like emg's and seymour duncan's,(even though its a bolt-on) or try adjusting it again or wat?
Yeah, that's a B.C. Rich.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Just move your palm around, find your sweet spots.

Your amp matters quite alot as well... What's the amp/settings?
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by Muppet
Yeah, that's a B.C. Rich.

damn man i was hopin all those accusations to bc rich werent tru well any help?? plz

my cheap rg120 sounds deeper and better
bridge doesnt relly make a diff to sound, nor does neck, but its not a great guitar, also what amp are you using? buy a better amp if its somethin crap
Quote by jmag
Just move your palm around, find your sweet spots.

Your amp matters quite alot as well... What's the amp/settings?

dont get me rong though ive been playin for like a yr and i have perfected my pm's and am pretty good with harmonics

and my ibanez also sounds good through my amp so i dont mind my amp b4 u guys start killing me

its a spider 3 with the bass a little past 12 the treb. all the way and my mids r like a bit below 12
If the guitar has **** wood, the best choice is to go for new active pups. I suggest Seymour Duncan Blackouts for the best active pickup tone.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Quote by VivaLaJam
NEVER buy a cheap BC rich, EVER.
They're cheap horrible excuses for guitars.

well now i wont disagree ill proly end up selling it and my ibanez for a new esp ltd
Quote by ricthesic
dont get me rong though ive been playin for like a yr and i have perfected my pm's and am pretty good with harmonics

and my ibanez also sounds good through my amp so i dont mind my amp b4 u guys start killing me

its a spider 3 with the bass a little past 12 the treb. all the way and my mids r like a bit below 12

You have NOT perfected your palm muting after one year of playing guitar. It takes a video to prove that
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?
Quote by PerpetualBurn
If the guitar has **** wood, the best choice is to go for new active pups. I suggest Seymour Duncan Blackouts for the best active pickup tone.

its got basswood so it should be a better sound

but like i said my agathis ibanez has much more tone and sounds better
Quote by Muppet
You have NOT perfected your palm muting after one year of playing guitar. It takes a video to prove that

well maybe not PERFECTED but i caught on quick i was playin stuff like children of bodom and lamb of god and stuff like that on my 3rd month playin
Quote by ricthesic

I'm not saying you're not good with your pms or harmonics or anything... but from bridge to bridge, you may have to change your hand position... I'm used to playing on a string-thru hard tail style bridge, whenever I play on a tune-o-matic or wrap-around (don't have many problems with FRs) I have to get used to doing palm mutes in them. That's all.

Anyway... The RG is basswood and bolt-on. The Bich is basswood and bolt-on. Conclusion: the RG is better. Try changing the pickups if you've got the cash and don't mind the hassle, BDSM (I think that's it) pickups are pretty boring.

EDIT: Oh, the Ibby is agathis... Well, it's probably just bad quality basswood (or good quality agathis), or the crappy pickups' fault. I'm sleepy and not sure about anything, so.
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Last edited by jmag at Sep 28, 2007,
I agree. B.C. Rich SUCK!

I own several vipers....Ltd pwns.

^ Also I think it might be your technique....as somebody said, it takes way over a year to master your PM's.
Member of the Grammar Nazi Club. PM Your41Plague12 to Join.

Member #6 of the Orange Tiny Terror Club
BC Rich probably uses really bad basswood, its a really hit and miss wood from company to company, line to line. Suhr basswood will sound better than Epiphone basswood, the same thing, Ibanez JEM basswood will sound better than low end RG basswood. Same with all woods, but particularly agathis and basswood, thats why they both have such bad reps in the guitar community.
G&L Legacy
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez RG20thDY
Ibanez RG25thFP
Agile Septor Elite 727
Fender Evil Twin / Mesa 412
EVH 5150 III Mini / Avatar 212

Quote by jmag
I'm not saying you're not good with your pms or harmonics or anything... but from bridge to bridge, you may have to change your hand position... I'm used to playing on a string-thru hard tail style bridge, whenever I play on a tune-o-matic or wrap-around (don't have many problems with FRs) I have to get used to doing palm mutes in them. That's all.

Anyway... The RG is basswood and bolt-on. The Bich is basswood and bolt-on. Conclusion: the RG is better. Try changing the pickups if you've got the cash and don't mind the hassle, BDSM (I think that's it) pickups are pretty boring.

ohhh didnt know the rg was basswood lol im pretty sure it was agathis but yeah its got a tremelo bridge which might make it easier to palm mute but yeah
Quote by Pertenozzo
I agree. B.C. Rich SUCK!

I own several vipers....Ltd pwns.

^ Also I think it might be your technique....as somebody said, it takes way over a year to master your PM's.

its not my technique ok trust me
Quote by ricthesic
i have a special edition bc rich archtop bich (http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/archtop/67808) with a wrap around bridge and for some reason the palm mutes suck really bad the sound altogether isnt great and i cant even hit any pinch harmonics on it!!!!

idk if it is the pickups or the way the bridge is setup but i cant get a better sound out of it

should i buy new active pickups,i like emg's and seymour duncan's,(even though its a bolt-on) or try adjusting it again or wat?

This doesn't make any sense.

Edit - Holy crap, this is my 3,000th post. Beautiful.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Last edited by DaddyTwoFoot at Sep 28, 2007,
Could be a bad piece of basswood, but I would bet its the pickups. The specs on the Bich don't sound much different than my MIJ Strat, and my mutes and pinches are sounding great. The guitar might be worth a new set of pickups. The pots are undoubtedly cheap and tiny. Not sure I'd want to spend the money to upgrade.
You could check and see if the pickup height is optimal. Could be as simple as raising the pickups some.
Quote by VivaLaJam
NEVER buy a cheap BC rich, EVER.
They're cheap horrible excuses for guitars.

thats not true.

the B.C. Rich Metal Master Warlock (a very cheap version of KK's sig) i played
at GC just for kicks, ended up sounding extremely good.....but i was playing on like a $2000 VOX......

its only about $189 bucks...and felt and looked sexy....haha!
I think i might get it to experiment on.
the finish is kinda whack.
Last edited by MrDURPEEDURP at Sep 28, 2007,